Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible reorganisation of the Arts category

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

snorlax wrote: »
    so it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to include appreciation in the forum title as it's more implicit to the forum's function?

It used to be Art Appreciation and then it was changed to Art and Architecture because Appreciation of Art and Architecture was too long. Which may well still be a problem. But yes, it would make the subject of the forum more implicit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'd hoped for more comments from regular users to help clarify whether this is worth considering further or not. On the other hand, the changes aren't really going to affect anyone who uses the subscription list.

I'd like to know what the admins think, though. Thus far the general concensus appears to be somewhere between "good idea" and "makes no real difference", which is heartening but doesn't necessarily mean anything will (or even should) be changed.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Admin perspective is that we'd like to do this across the entire system, the menu needs to be reorganized, but honestly we're in uncharted water as far as navigation systems go.

More stuff like this for each of the categories would be great, or even a rethink of the categories themselves, but it's a fairly mammoth task and it would be fantastic if the users actually thrashed out various ideas rather than just have us impose a new order.

I think you're going in the right direction and I'd like to see more people's input on it.

Sorry if you felt that your input was undervalued Fysh, I had meant to post in this thread last week, but I got sidetracked, which is happening a lot these days :)

Advertisement