Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bra Sizes

Options
  • 13-03-2008 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Do most women increase in bra sizes, I seem to be the one size the whole time, I never need to go up a size.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

I find it a feckin nightmare... I find that different shops are different sizes so count yourself lucky!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

no i find im always the same. well....i have been for the last 3-4 years anyway.
    And also, when i lose weight i NEVER lose anything off my Chest. pain in the arse. i'd like to.
    I was trying o na Bra last week and i thought i'd got broader around the back just, so i got the Girl to measure me and im the same!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dont think so. Except when youre pregnant. Then they can get mahoosive.

A certain contraceptive did make me go back to AA which was a bit annoying.

I've was a 34c till I was 17 and went on the pill then without putting on weight I became a 36d and now since I've put on a stone and a half since I was 18 I'm a 36dd sometimes an e.
    It does depend on where your buying bra's though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I used to be a 34A but the past four years or so I've gone to 34B. I'm hoping to start exercising and toning up over the coming months so I'm hoping they aren't gonna get smaller! I <3 my boobs!

• Advertisement

KtK wrote: »

A certain contraceptive did make me go back to AA which was a bit annoying.

A certain pill Shrank them!?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I went up to a double D a few years back then I went down, now I'm back up again and my boobs are mahoosive! Nah, they're just noticeably bigger. It's actually kind of crap because you'll go in to work in something that used to look decent but now looks inappropriate because your boobs are bigger. It's very embarassing!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Niamho! wrote: »
    A certain pill Shrank them!?! :eek:
    It wasnt a pill. But a hormonal contraceptive. The doc reckoned I was 'sensitive' to it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Mine get larger before my period, probably not a full cup size but I do have a couple of more comfy bras I'd wear around then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

Mine have a mind of their own... Used to be a B cup and then suddenly in August they 'grew'. Now I'm a full C. Not that I am complaining. I just dunno what caused this. I am 23 yrs old, haven't gained any weight not on hormonal contraception either. They kinda shrink for a few days after the period too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

mine can look positively voluptuous sometimes for a week before my period. Himself likes that but alas they are only temporary. Normally I'm a 32/34B depending on where I buy the bra.

They can also reduce to fried eggs from weightloss and exercising.

It really is one extreme to the other at times. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Midna

i only change when I put on weight. thankfully the pill doesnt effect me in that way :):) but no, im 34C or 34D since I was 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

KtK wrote: »
    Thtas true when i was pregnant I went from a 34B to a 34F. They shrunk after i had the baby they are now 34 DD which is still alot bigger from what they were. I actually prefered when they were 34B.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

34C/D, depends where I get the bra really. I'd like them slightly bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bunnywabbit*

:(Im a 32f, I have no pity for anyone

watna wrote: »
    I went up to a double D a few years back then I went down, now I'm back up again and my boobs are mahoosive! Nah, they're just noticeably bigger. It's actually kind of crap because you'll go in to work in something that used to look decent but now looks inappropriate because your boobs are bigger. It's very embarassing!

Ah....yes. i LOVE Minimiser Bra's!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'm DD as well and I <3 my boobs! Yeah, it means having to be aware that wearing anything low-cut is going to look about a gazillion times sluttier than it would on someone with a smaller chest but meh, they're still great :D
    Niamho! wrote:
    Ah....yes. i LOVE Minimiser Bra's!!
    Niamho, you're mad! I bought a Minimiser when I was a bit self-conscious about the ol' boobs when I was about 16 but seriously, what a waste. It just kinda flattened them and made me feel more self-conscious for hiding them away. I adore good push-up bras that can give support but also make them look magnificent, which is what they deserve!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I've given up, i've gone from a 36B to a 36 C to a 38 D and sometimes they're too small, I can never get a bra to fit right now the one I have on fits everywhere except for where the wires at the front meet, they're sticking out a bit like an extra breast bone..:D

Stargal wrote: »
    I'm DD as well and I <3 my boobs! Yeah, it means having to be aware that wearing anything low-cut is going to look about a gazillion times sluttier than it would on someone with a smaller chest but meh, they're still great :D

Niamho, you're mad! I bought a Minimiser when I was a bit self-conscious about the ol' boobs when I was about 16 but seriously, what a waste. It just kinda flattened them and made me feel more self-conscious for hiding them away. I adore good push-up bras that can give support but also make them look magnificent, which is what they deserve!

I just find they make alot of clothes (Esp work clothes) look better on. and you can wear more shirts in the right size coz they dont Gape at the chest.
    I'm more self conscious of the Boobage when im not wearing one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've been a DD since having babies - they seem to go either one way or the other, especially if you breastfeed. Some women shrink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I was a DD to E but when I lost weight I went up to a FF, i was told its because my back got so much smaller.

A bit off topic but my bra is driving me mental today, i hate when they go funny.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Mine shrunk when i lost weight .. they used to be half decent .. i hate them now .. i would defo get a boob job if i had the money! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i envy ppl with big boobs :(

Lux23 wrote: »
    I was a DD to E but when I lost weight I went up to a FF, i was told its because my back got so much smaller.

A bit off topic but my bra is driving me mental today, i hate when they go funny.:(

Are you sure? I thought that the back size and cup were independant of each other?

I would love to go down two cup sizes.

Nah i'd love to be Smaller.
    A C i reckon would be the most ideal size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'm 32C, have been for a long time. I agree with some people, some days you wake up and you're like 'did my boobs get bigger?' just for a few days lol.
    I know my mother's gone up and down in size due to medication etc.. her weight changed. So she has to get sized every so often. I've gone up and down in weight but my boobs never change (thank goodness!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Miss Sunshine

lezizi wrote: »
    they are still alot bigger from what they were. I actually prefered when they were 34B.:confused:

i here ya. I used to be a 34B, then dropped to an A with weight loss, then with some unwanted weight gain and change in pill I shot up to a 36C, sometimes 36D depending on the shop. I much prefered them as a B though, but at the time I would have said I wanted them to be bigger:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I've been a 34B since I was 13. At that age I thought they were HUGE but now I think they're small!

I love the few days before the period, they get really full & fit out my bra properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was a B cup until I was 19 then went to a C. Since going on the pill, I've gone up to a D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭claret

Misticles wrote: »
    i envy ppl with big boobs :(

Wanna swap?:p

Advertisement