Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE Dropkick Murphys songs for XBox 360 and PSN for Guitar Hero 3 this weekend!

Options
  • 13-03-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭

Just in time for your weekend St. Patrick's Day celebrations comes a trio of Dropkick Murphys songs for Guitar Hero III, available right now on Xbox Live and (we're assuming) a little later in the day on PSN.

The pack includes "Famous for Nothing", "Flannigan's Ball" and "Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya", all master tracks and all from their album The Meanest of Times. Now, before you go complaining that they're not the DKM songs you would have chosen, you should know that the pack is free, free, totally free. Not bad for a holiday usually only good for "you're not wearing green" pinches from the 55-year-old woman in accounting.

PS - have posted this in XBox, PlayStation and Guitar Hero forums.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Some pretty awkward songs there, failed two on first play through (exp). The Johnny one is quite a high scoring song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

well (F)lannigan's ball is a much higher scoring song than johnny i hardly knew ya. maybe thats what you meant.

also, are these guys actually irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No, they're based in Massechusetts in the US of A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

well (F)lannigan's ball is a much higher scoring song than johnny i hardly knew ya. maybe thats what you meant.

also, are these guys actually irish?

It is indeed, have my first thanks! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

Just wondering if anyone got this for ps3 ? when you play the game online its advertised in the message of the day but i dont see it on playstation store at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I saw it on the US store and downloaded it but cannot find the songs on the game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I saw it on the US store and downloaded it but cannot find the songs on the game :mad:

How do you get onto the US store ?

You setup a new PSN account and use a US address. They get a lot of things before us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Mossy Monk wrote: »

If it's the same as the Xbox 360 version on the setlist page press the orange note and it will bring you into the downloaded section. Pressing blue brings you into the list of songs you buy in the store in the game.

This pack is available on the Playstation Network now. Didn't take them too long did it. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just a tip for those looking for the 500k achievement. I got it in (F)lannigan's Ball on my 2nd attempt, first was about 480k. Nice easy and fun way to get those 10 points!!:D

Advertisement