Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car insurance?

Options
  • 13-03-2008 4:50pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

can anyone please give me info on this!

Is there any insurance that lets you drive any car once you have a full licence?

If so which company and what are the requirements?

Im 20 and have fully comp insurance (hibernian) on an 02 alfa 147 1.6ts, and would like to be able to also drive my moms and my girlfriends cars too.

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

A lot of companys offer "Drive Other Cars" or "Third Party Extension" as part of their comprehensive packages.

This basically means you can drive any car (some exceptions) and be covered Third Party (i.e. the insurance company will not pay for any damages to the car you are driving)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Check with Hibernian this may well already be part of your policy.

I think you have to be over 23 though...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kerah86

afaik with hibernian once you have a full EU licence and the policies in your name you're covered to drive anyone elses car third party only..best thing to do is ring them and check..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

It'll be clearly stated on your policy. There might be an age/CC threshold.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

AXA do DOC (Driving other cars) as a standard cover on all their policies, youjust have to be 25+ and with a full licence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement