Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

V-tech Precomputer Unlimited (tm) - troubleshooting help?

• 13-03-2008 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

hey,
    i got one of these from a charity shop today
    49e6_1.JPG
    according to the manual it "turns your TV into a mini computer" with a built in word processor, drawing application, Melody Maker and the ability to record whatever you're doing onto VHS (which is why i bought it, i love vcr's)

anyway, surprise surprise, its not working. the power light doesn't come on, no sounds happen. could it be completely ****ed or might there be a way to fix it? anyone have any knowledge of these or things to try out?

edit: btw, i've already tried using different 9volt adapters in case it was something simple like that, but no dice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Open it up, check for jam, rust, urine - the usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭petek

po0k wrote: »
    Open it up, check for jam, rust, urine - the usual.

yeah, i should've mentioned that, i opened it already, and theres nothing obviously wrong to my eyes. it looks pretty well looked after. i was just hoping maybe maybe maybe there was a chance someones had some experience with these and might have some ideas of what it is that usually goes wrong with them?

Advertisement