Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing in cork.

• 13-03-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

What is everyone's favourite piercing studio in Cork city?

Theres Tattoo Zoo, Raven, Smiley Dog, Living Art & Tribal Ink afaik.

I've been in all except Living Art and the only one I have any major complaints about is Raven. Brian; the piercer; has mucked up many of my past piercings when I was like, 13, heh.

Tribal Ink looks a bit shady from the outside but its grand in the inside, never been pierced there though.

A good friend of mine was pierced in Smiley Dog several times while I was with her and I thought the place was excellent, really good and hygenic. The piercer is very good at her job and shes lovely. They also offer microdermals and I think I would go to them for the more tricky piercings. (Vertical labret, transverse lobe etc.)

Tattoo Zoo is the best though IMO. I've gotten most of my piercings there and I was always completly satisfied. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Carol was the best piercer in Cork but unfortunately she has apparently stopped piercing. Noel and Laura are the piercers in there now, I think I prefer Laura more but Noel is also brilliant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Oblivion when it was there and Tribal Ink are the only places i'd bother with now tbh.

Raven - Obvious shadiness and bad reputation ha.

Living art - I know a few people that have gotten pierced there, i haven't myself, but from what i've heard off my friends they don't seem to be that thorough :/ They're tattoo work is very touch and go too.

Smiley Dog - Would never go there for piercing. Tattoos yeah, piercings no way. That new Spanish one they have i think is still only learning. I was there before Christmas with a friend who was getting an industrial done. She was messing around for about an hour, then when she finally actually pierced him, mid way she just goes "UH OH". Not exactly reassuring.
    I've been hearing some pretty mixed stuff about it lately.

Tattoo Zoo - Great reputation and all that but have never gone there myself. They seem to pick and choose who they want to pierce. But i've never ever heard anything bad about the place.

I like Tribal Ink purely based on that i know them in there and i'm pretty comfortable with the place, they all have a lot of experience behind them and really know what they're at. I could be being a bit bias though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Ohh i love tattoo zoo...

where is tribal and smiley dog??

utopia nation and alter ego are there also...

Brian in Raven... not a pleasent guy imho his like 12 year old kid asked me for id when i was gettin my lip done this is how the convo went

kid: You want anything
    Me: to get my lip pierced yeah...
    Kid: ID?
    Me: no im 17, (points to sister) shes my guardian
    Kid to sister: you have id?
    Sis: No, im 23 i dont carry that anymore
    Kid addressing himself to me: Your grand you have your mam with you

ehhh hello i was 17 and she was 23... subtraction much?? also when it was pierced, he marked it said hows that i said perfect and pierced 3mm down further than the dot...

back to tattoo zoo...

never got pierced by Laura, but oh dear god, Noel makes me weak... i could do bold things to that man... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I like Tattoo Zoo because I got my first piercing there 7 years ago, but I haven't been pierced by the new piercers yet. I really liked Carol and Maurice but I always have a hard time choosing new piercers :( but I have been meaning to check out this Noel guy.

Heard and seen good things from the girl in Smiley Dogg. Her English isn't the best but I haven't heard any complaints...

Went to Living Art once to ask about a tongue web piercing. 'What's that?' they said. Didn't go back...

I usually wait until I'm in Dublin now and get pierced in Snakebite. They're probably the best studio I've ever been to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bunnywabbit*

I hate Raven!!!!

I got my tongue pierced there, that wwas fine, when I was 14!
    At 17 I went in to get a tatoo on my wrist by the veins, a little star, he absolutley messed it up, wih his son who, is more of a distraction in my eyes than a help! Totally freaked out in there and refused to pay for the heap of cap and wouldnt let him do another bit, gave him €20 and left! Idiot!

Went to Triple X to get the cover up, great place, ask for Raul ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Ah Raven's kid is in my school. His ear is at 8mm after a month and his dad pierced his forward helix literally 2 or 3mm deep. He has loads of unhealthy piercings. I think hes 13.

Actually, I do have a complaint about Smiley Dog. I was talking to my friend earlier this evening and she went to Smiley Dog to get her bioplast bridge barbell downsized yesterday. The piercer took it out to cut it with a scissors. Her bridge is two weeks old btw. I think that was kinda unnecessary and stupid. It also cost her e60 for it, and the jewellery wasn't even titanium or anything. Bioplast is incredibly cheap.

• Advertisement

Léan wrote: »
    Tattoo Zoo - They seem to pick and choose who they want to pierce.
    I actually see your point here.

emm ive never noticed how do you mean? ive never noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

Can anyone here help, I'm trying to find out what i can about a piercer who has recently(past couple of months) moved from Cork to a tattoo/ piercing studio in Scotland( studio is called Bodyart and its in a town called Ayr)

His name is Daniel, he's about say 6foot give or take a couple of inches, got long light blonde/ginger hair, medium length goatee beard, half sleeves on both arms an piercing wise, an inner conch and 8-10mm tunnels in his lobes, bit of a vague description i know but he didnt really stand out if you get what i mean

Any info on him would be greatly appreciated as he's just kinda turned up an no-one seems to know anything about him

Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Sounds like the guy I went to in Living Art to get my nape piercings done. Really good manner about him - very professional and quite happy to take the time to put his customers at ease. I'd happily go to him again if I hadn't moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Can anyone here help, I'm trying to find out what i can about a piercer who has recently(past couple of months) moved from Cork to a tattoo/ piercing studio in Scotland( studio is called Bodyart and its in a town called Ayr)

His name is Daniel, he's about say 6foot give or take a couple of inches, got long light blonde/ginger hair, medium length goatee beard, half sleeves on both arms an piercing wise, an inner conch and 8-10mm tunnels in his lobes, bit of a vague description i know but he didnt really stand out if you get what i mean

Any info on him would be greatly appreciated as he's just kinda turned up an no-one seems to know anything about him

Ta
    Taken up that private investigator night course? ;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I've only gotten stuff done in Tribal Ink and Smiley Dog(as it's now called).

Got my tragus done in Smiley Dog by Maria, she was brilliant, incredibly hygiene conscious and explained the whole procedure really well to make sure I knew exactly what was going on and that I was comfortable. I heard she's gone now :(

Went to Tribal Ink there 3 weeks ago to get my navel pierced, not sure which guy did it, an older guy, very slim, anyone know who this is? Anyway he was grand, but a good job and everything, but didn't say too much about the piercing, just kinda handed me an aftercare sheet and told me not to go swimming! I missed the reassurance I got from my last piercing I guess. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I got my first piercing ever today, in Tattoo Zoo by Noel. It was great, very friendly, explained what was going on, I couldn't be happier! Very hygenic, the place even smelt like a dentists. :)

I love that smell...

shall be calling into tattoo zoo during the week... finally came into some money... so tattoo... =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

where excactly is Tribal Ink please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kevin23

davey180 wrote: »
    where excactly is Tribal Ink please?

Tribal Ink
    4 Kyle St.
    Cork
    (between North Main Street and Coal Quay)

sweeeeeeet cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

Taken up that private investigator night course? ;):p

Something like that........:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ribbitribbit

Hi ....
    Does anyone know the current postal address or e-mail address for smiley dogg tattoo in Cork city. The last time i was talking to raul was 6 months ago and he was moving shop from oliver plunkett street to marlborough street or something like that. I cant find this information online anywhere and I wont be back in the Ireland for another 6 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kazkiely

Hey!
    I'm looking to get a sternum piercing in Cork, is there anywhere that will do it?
    Also, anyone got microdermals done in Smiley Dog? Comments??? :D

For any surface piercing I wouldn't go anywhere other than Smiley Dogg. I went with a friend of mine to get a nape piercing and when she was trying to find the best placement [which took 45 minutes] she turned her down, saying she couldn't do it as she isn't positive the piercing will heal on my friend.
    I had so much respect for her then.
    I'm pretty sure she uses heat set bioplast/PTFE surface barbells too.
    I don't know anyone who has gotten microdermals there but the piercer herself has one on her chest for a long time now and it looks fantastic. Later this month I'm getting microdermals there though.. :D

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil for the info, have you a contact number for them?

No problem.

This is the number I have for them in my phone, I've never rang them though;

(021) 4279008

Sweet, thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xmeilingx

Got my tragus done in Smiley Dog by Maria, she was brilliant, incredibly hygiene conscious and explained the whole procedure really well to make sure I knew exactly what was going on and that I was comfortable. I heard she's gone now :(

Went to Tribal Ink there 3 weeks ago to get my navel pierced, not sure which guy did it, an older guy, very slim, anyone know who this is? Anyway he was grand, but a good job and everything, but didn't say too much about the piercing, just kinda handed me an aftercare sheet and told me not to go swimming! I missed the reassurance I got from my last piercing I guess. :p

How much was it in tribal ink to get your bellybutton done and where is tribal ink in cork?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lex.white

if the guy was , bald , stretched ear lobes , piercings all over his ear , nose piercing and was covered in tattos then it was paul i think and he is a great piercer but lacks 1 very important quality and that is he doesnt talk much and is very vauge on what he's doing when i went there to get my septum done he wasnt very re-assuring witch made it seem like it hurt alot more than it did . that day i was refused by tattoo zoo and went to tribal as a last resort. i went in filled out an insurance form sat down watched him lay out the tools he didnt use a clap but instead he used a metal tube to recieve the needle he counted down and shuved the needle through gave me a briefe talk about aftercare , took my money and send me on my way , if your expierienced with piercings then you'll have no problem but if its your first i'd advise some where else. :cool: he's a lovely guy and says hi to me every time i see him on the street and he gives great advise and is expierienced with almost every piercing and 100% knows what he's doing so you shouldnt worry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭kaa

i got a tattoo in wizbit and i got another in tattoo zoo.

preferred tattoo zoo because they were way nicer in there and they chat away to you aswell. would go no where else.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ScienceNerd361

Léan wrote: »
    Oblivion when it was there and Tribal Ink are the only places i'd bother with now tbh.

Raven - Obvious shadiness and bad reputation ha.

Living art - I know a few people that have gotten pierced there, i haven't myself, but from what i've heard off my friends they don't seem to be that thorough :/ They're tattoo work is very touch and go too.

Smiley Dog - Would never go there for piercing. Tattoos yeah, piercings no way. That new Spanish one they have i think is still only learning. I was there before Christmas with a friend who was getting an industrial done. She was messing around for about an hour, then when she finally actually pierced him, mid way she just goes "UH OH". Not exactly reassuring.
    I've been hearing some pretty mixed stuff about it lately.

Tattoo Zoo - Great reputation and all that but have never gone there myself. They seem to pick and choose who they want to pierce. But i've never ever heard anything bad about the place.

I like Tribal Ink purely based on that i know them in there and i'm pretty comfortable with the place, they all have a lot of experience behind them and really know what they're at. I could be being a bit bias though.
    What do you mean by they seem pick and choose who they want to pierce? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ScienceNerd361

Kersmash wrote: »
    I got my first piercing ever today, in Tattoo Zoo by Noel. It was great, very friendly, explained what was going on, I couldn't be happier! Very hygenic, the place even smelt like a dentists. :)
    Where in Cork is that Tattoo Zoo please? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

North main street next to Eddie Rockets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I got my lip done today in Tattoo Zoo by Noel. Man what a sound fella. I had an awful experience in there a few years back with another piercer so avoided the place like the plague. Bit the bullet today and got it done anyway and Noel was just great! He explained everything, made me feel so comfortable and kept making me laugh (even though I was trying my best not to thanks to the new piercing!). Would defo recommend him!!

Advertisement