Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want to move somewhere warm

Options
  • 13-03-2008 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

i have no 'trade'
    i have no degree

have been working as account manager in i.t compnay for over 3 years

23 year old male

sick of ireland, but it seems theres lots of requirements for immigrating permenantly to places like oz and nz

anyone know of any places, maybe even in EU where it would be warm, good quality of life and easy to get a job etc??

suggestions pleaseeee!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to Abroad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

i have no 'trade'
    i have no degree

Mate you are 23 these can be achieved

Look up what qualifications are highly sought after , and learn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

i moved out when i was 19 and have been supporting myself since

worked up a good bit in current job and make roughly 35k a year and have lots of bills so i dont know if it is as easy as that

unless i could get a degree through an evening course or something! not sure tho... anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

i moved out when i was 19 and have been supporting myself since

worked up a good bit in current job and make roughly 35k a year and have lots of bills so i dont know if it is as easy as that

unless i could get a degree through an evening course or something! not sure tho... anyone?

See if your employer will let you take a course , and pay for some of it

I did a degree at night its hard but possible. Harder is finding a degree you want to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

chances of getting a job in the warm EU countries, i.e. Spain, Portugal, South of France, Italy, are slim to none as I presume you don't speak those languages fluently and their economies are in sh*te anyway not even the locals can get jobs.
    So you're left with Australia and Southern USA, parts of these places stay warm all year round. Getting a visa for Australia is hard enough without a degree or trade and nigh impossible for USA as far as I know unless you win the visa lottery.
    So you can either learn a language fluently and break your balls in a crappy paid job in the med or get a degree and try and live in USA or Australia.
    Oh and I just spent a year in one of the supposedly warmer parts of NZ and for most of the year their weather is no better than ours. They are guaranteed a decent enough summer though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement