Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of an odd question....

Options
  • 13-03-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Now this may seem a bit odd, but I hope to be moving house very shortly. I keep all my firearms in my parents house, where I currently live. I had to get an alarm (monitored) fitted to get 2 apllications approved (a .308 rifle and a .22 pistol).
    The house I am in the moment has double glazing and the alarm, the house which (fingers crossed) I have bought has timber windows.....I have no problem putting the alarm on the house, its €10 a week with Eircom, but could the Gardai come back and say, 'Fit double glazing, or your not allowed your firearms'???
    When I was house hunting one of the major factors was how 'firearm friendly' the local Sgt was, but don't tell my girlfriend that!!! :rolleyes:
    Don't want to get a nasty surprise when to go for a transfer of address..:(
    Any help on the subject be great lads,thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Mac Tire wrote: »
    Now this may seem a bit odd, but I hope to be moving house very shortly. I keep all my firearms in my parents house, where I currently live. I had to get an alarm (monitored) fitted to get 2 apllications approved (a .308 rifle and a .22 pistol).
    The house I am in the moment has double glazing and the alarm, the house which (fingers crossed) I have bought has timber windows.....I have no problem putting the alarm on the house, its €10 a week with Eircom, but could the Gardai come back and say, 'Fit double glazing, or your not allowed your firearms'???
    When I was house hunting one of the major factors was how 'firearm friendly' the local Sgt was, but don't tell my girlfriend that!!! :rolleyes:
    Don't want to get a nasty surprise when to go for a transfer of address..:(
    Any help on the subject be great lads,thanks....

mac,I was involved in a conversation with the c.p.o regarding safe storage and one of the things he looked at was the fact that my side door was glazed..so these things are considered ,why not ring him and get his advice before purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Timber frames are no less secure than other types.
    Single is sllghtly less secure than double, but you are mad to buy a house with single glazing and not get at least double in (regardless of firearms, i mean in terms of lost heat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

i know all about heat loss, tortured working at it!!! In the same industry as you Mellor...:)

Advertisement