Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How screwed am i?

Options
  • 13-03-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey,

I’m sure some of you out there have been in the same boat as I'm in now.

Back in late sept, I had a crash.. not caused by myself, but I still ended up in the back of the chap that did cause it... that was my fault, hands down, nuf said.

I’m 26 and "had" 4 (down to 1 year now ive been told) years no clams on a full licence with Quinn.
    Driving a 00 Toyota Trueno BZR.

Any guess on how much the insurance will go up by? Does Quinn stick extra penalties onto you for mucking up? Am I stuck with them for 3 years now?
    Insurance is looming up soon (to soon to ask them for a quote)

Any help would be great. Save a big heart attack when the time comes...

Cheers,

Paul

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Extra points on your insurance for crashing? Dont think insurance companys can go around dishing out points. Thats the laws job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 borriszan

Extra points on your insurance for crashing? Dont think insurance companys can go around dishing out points. Thats the laws job.

Didn’t mean points, sorry I mean Penilitys as in leaching my wallet.
    Someone told me they can put up to a 40% add on to your insurance total?

Well you can probably expect insurance to go up, considering the claims and a lesser NCB. Not sure about them digging deep into your wallet though. MY only experience with Quinn was a crash where apparently I was to blame (not getting into it, damn stupid micras) ended up a €2000 claim which I was given the option of paying to save my NCB. Paid that up, quinn gave me the same quote for the next years insurance, so i moved to FBD, saving €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Did I read this right? They docked you 3 years no claims for one claim?!? If they have they are bang out of order. One year fair enough but not 75% of your accrued no claims.

So you were able to jump companies that year?

I have no idea what the total cost of the clame was. Ide say the car i hit was wrote off ( was a 92 wreck of a fiesta) and i done €4500 dammage to my car... dam costly jap parts..

• Advertisement

andrewh5 wrote: »
    Did I read this right? They docked you 3 years no claims for one claim?!? If they have they are bang out of order. One year fair enough but not 75% of your accrued no claims.

I hope your right, but as far as they said, 1 clame kills 3 years no clames
    :(

Im sure someone can advise on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

borriszan wrote: »
    Someone told me they can put up to a 40% add on to your insurance total?
    rubbish, They told me 40-50% but then they tried to triple my insurance after an accident, I also had 2yrs NCB and it started from scratch then..... xsdirect are the way to go if quinn give you any trouble.

steve06 wrote: »
    xsdirect are the way to go if quinn give you any trouble.

Holy cow, didnt know about them! 1k from them now ( baised on no crash) bout 200 cheaper than what im paying quinn *grumbles*

Can you move the first year after a crash with Quinn?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

andrewh5 wrote: »
    ?? It's a no claims discount. Of course they're entitled to remove it if you have a claim. Some ins. cos do operate a step-back bonus system, perhaps this is where the confusion lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Holy cow, didnt know about them! 1k from them now ( baised on no crash) bout 200 cheaper than what im paying quinn *grumbles*

Can you move the first year after a crash with Quinn?

They have a €4k excess though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Stekelly wrote: »
    They have a €4k excess though.

4K excess:eek: that cant be right

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

4K excess:eek: that cant be right

You hardly think the offer decent quotes to inexperienced drivers and people with claims just because they are nice people?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

if your over a certain age or a female the excess goes down to 2k doesnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I had 2 years NCB with Quinn Direct when I was involved in an accident. A €13k claim was made against me for personal injuries (by the pr1ck who caused the accident IMO)

No other Insurance companies would take me on at the time and Quinn proceeded to ride me sideways for about 3 years afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

yeah i know the person that caused the crash is claming whiplash off me, no idea what kind of bill its ran up though.
    Well xsdirect will take me on at worst case, dont like that 4k one bit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

you can buy down the excess

eg:
    pay 1000 and have 4k excess
    pay 1300 and have 3k excess
    pay 1500 and have 2k excess
    etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

My sister had a 5k claim with hibernian when she had 5 years unprotected no claims and all they did was remove her no claims. No extra penalties for having an accident, the penalty is not having any no claims bonus.

So you were able to jump companies that year?

Yes, i changed to FBD that year. Id didnt owe Quinn a penny so there was nothing they could do. I paid for the damage, that saved my NCB so they had nothing to legally get off me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

I lost 4 years no claims due to a silly small accident. It happens. Jut be prepared to go back to 0 years no claims.

Advertisement