Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Restaurants

• 13-03-2008 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Two Restaurants I'd like opinions on if any body has them. Two very different I know and priced accordingly but I'd like some independant reviews....

Strawaberry tree, Brooklodge Hotel (not cheap I know and totally organic....but worth the money?)

and

Wicklow Heather , Laragh/Glendalough...more down to earth pricing and I've heard good food but any further opinions?

Where I'm coming from is the locals all tell me the Strawberry tree is crap. They tell me to go to the Wicklow heather. But I know many peoples idea of a good restaurant is quantity not quality (ie all you can eat...piles o shpuds!)
    I don't mind paying if its really worth it...

Markyd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Ive eaten in the Strawberry tree and didnt think much of it.
    The Manager/head waiter was rude and the food was only average.
    Stunning room though.
    As for the "everythings organic" experience......it dosnt wash with me.......so what if it is organic or wild, it dosnt mean its gonna be tasty.
    I remember testing rice a few years ago which was pakaged and sold as organic......lots of people loved it and said it was lovely because it was organic, it turned out to be anything but organic.

The Stonecutter in Aughrim was quite good before it was taken over by some fool who seems to serve bad pub food in it now.....oh well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've eaten in The Strawberry Tree a couple of times, both toward the end of last year and it was very good. I would certainly recommend trying it. What they did, they did very well.

Let me know if you want me to move this to Wicklow, you may get a better pick up on it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 markdowling

Thanks for the conflicting views!

Tried it out anyhow, and was very good. Worth the money? Probably not really and depends on who's buying really. Wife didn't mind though and she enjoyed it. Organic carrots certainly tasted better than the tripe the supermarkets serve up. Sooner the better I get a vegatable patch going.
    Thanks again

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thank-you for the update. Glad you enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

I've eaten in the Wicklow Heather and I'd warmly recommend it

• Advertisement
Advertisement