Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement for my IS200

Options
  • 13-03-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

I currently have a Lexus IS200, and looking to change it for diesel. But my problem is that I cannot find one that I like for the price. I am going to spend 20K which includes my car as trade in. Most of the cars I have looked at have either lacked power, or quality. any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think we may need a little more detail there...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Are you staying with a saloon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I currently have a Lexus IS200, and looking to change it for diesel. But my problem is that I cannot find one that I like for the price. I am going to spend 20K which includes my car as trade in. Most of the cars I have looked at have either lacked power, or quality. any suggestions.

Why are you changing to an oil burner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Barr wrote: »
    Why are you changing to an oil burner?

I would guess he changing because the IS200 is very heavy on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Theres alot of petrol cars out there that would have better fuel consuption that a 6 pot lexus.

Maybe the op should not limit his option to diesel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

Go for a UK Honda Accord 2.2 iCDI EX. Just bought a 07 and I am astounded as to the quality of this car. Have had a good few cars and this is by far the best. It is my opinion this car exceeds the lexus is 220 both in quality and driver pleasure. And shouldn't that be the important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

This is probably evrything you've tried to avoid buying the Lexus an while I wouldn't be the biggest fan, it's old enough for you not to be considered a complete w4nker driving around in it, new enough to be fuel efficient and powerful enough to be able to put the boot down and have the fun of the Lexus

Bimmer 330

or
    The BMWs biggest UK competitor

Honda Accord

For the balding, greying twentysomething

As above, but not so much balding

Cheap fun??

^^^ with the right badge

The habitual Toyota entrant...not too fancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

ninty9er wrote: »
    Neither cheap, nor fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

JHMEG wrote: »
    Neither cheap, nor fun.

HAHA

I dont know how you define Cheap or Fun but you definitely seem to have the wrong concepts :D

...i seriously laughed when i clicked the link!

C_Breeze wrote: »
    HAHA

I dont know how you define Cheap or Fun but you definitely seem to have the wrong concepts :D

I kinda had reservations putting it up...hence the "??"

• Advertisement

C_Breeze wrote: »
    HAHA

Wow, C_Breeze agreeing with me!

This is cheap fun.

This is a bit cheaper.

JHMEG wrote: »
    Wow, C_Breeze agreeing with me!

This is cheap fun.

This is a bit cheaper.

Ah yes but the OP wants an oil burner

ninty9er wrote: »
    Ah yes but the OP wants an oil burner
    They all burn oil.

If however you are using a phrase from the British motoring press to mean diesel, then cheap, fun and diesel don't fit togther.

Advertisement