Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suspension

Options
  • 13-03-2008 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

so, yeah. its something i feel the need to try. any thoughts on where or how to start up?:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Try the extreme body mod sub forum, PM one of the Body Modification mods for access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

excuse my ignorance but what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Try Paddy in Bodyshock,
    Theyve got the rig up in the shop,
    €250 and you can stay up as long as you want.
    There was a few of us here who wanted to do it, you get a discount for group suspensions :D

Kidd-o : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_%28body_modification%29

Oh dear sweet jebus, what the hell... i think i peed my pants seeing that... eep right, no fear of gettin my tat or nipple done now... thanks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

sorry i just had to ask cant this thread be on the extreme body modification not on Body Modification ?:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Nobody forced you to click it.

I wouldnt consider suspension to be extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

from the father of modern suspension; modblog interview

http://modblog.bmezine.com/2008/03/13/allen-falkner-interview-posted/

garthv wrote: »
    I wouldnt consider suspension to be extreme.
    i think it is extreme as i have seen videos and programs of them and they do post as Extreme alright.Idont want to argue which is witch as a forum for extreme body modification is a good idea which is really for the squemish,i think.Tattoos are art form i dont find any them squemish.Do you get my point.Maybe a VOTE poll on which is which may be the solution to this subject may prove im right or wrong?thanks.

thing is it will vary from person to person, one persons idea of extreme is dying their hair, another persons idea of extreme may be implants, and so on.

to me suspension isn't extreme, i just see it as hanging from hooks then getting em out again, small scars, everyones happy. mainly because it isnt permanent

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote: »
    thing is it will vary from person to person, one persons idea of extreme is dying their hair, another persons idea of extreme may be implants, and so on.

to me suspension isn't extreme, i just see it as hanging from hooks then getting em out again, small scars, everyones happy. mainly because it isnt permanent
    would voteing be a good idea do you think?If yes who could do this?

davey180 wrote: »
    i think it is extreme as i have seen videos and programs of them and they do post as Extreme alright.Idont want to argue which is witch as a forum for extreme body modification is a good idea which is really for the squemish,i think.Tattoos are art form i dont find any them squemish.Do you get my point.Maybe a VOTE poll on which is which may be the solution to this subject may prove im right or wrong?thanks.

I think the idea of you coming into this forum with an opinion is laughable.

garthv wrote: »
    I think the idea of you coming into this forum with an opinion is laughable.
    thats your opinion,ive got stiches on my side from laughing:D

davey: you can set up a poll yourself, easy to do but i dunno what its gonna achieve. everyone has their own opinion on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Each to their own...its something I can never get my head around. Dont see the attraction at all.

Tusky wrote: »
    Each to their own...its something I can never get my head around. Dont see the attraction at all.
    atraction to what?

Wilburt wrote: »
    davey: you can set up a poll yourself, easy to do but i dunno what its gonna achieve. everyone has their own opinion on it.
    how do i set up a poll i thought mods only can that option.Thats if i do want set up vote might be stupid thing to do???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

atraction to what?

...suspension.

What would you guys considder extream body mod?

I would say suspension myself, but thats me... i now look at those ppics every time i go online

subdermals, transdermals, tongue splits, hood splits, bisections, subincisions, supercisions etc

*search for these items at your own risk

• Advertisement

Those are all pretty extreme Wilburt, but most people would still consider a suspension pretty extreme, I know I still would! But if people see a topic called suspension, and go into it, then they can't complain about it, as they should know better.

Those are all pretty extreme Wilburt, but most people would still consider a suspension pretty extreme, I know I still would! But if people see a topic called suspension, and go into it, then they can't complain about it, as they should know better.
    anyone is able to click on the suspension tread but im saying is it should be moved to extreme dont you agree?

i think i would considder suspension more extream than tongue splitting, but for me i think suspension is more freaky imho...

Kidd-o wrote: »
    i think i would considder suspension more extream than tongue splitting, but for me i think suspension is more freaky imho...
    freaky
    no squemish!

anyone is able to click on the suspension tread but im saying is it should be moved to extreme dont you agree?

No, not really. I think it's fine where it is. If you don't like the idea, just stop reading it I say.

No, not really. I think it's fine where it is. If you don't like the idea, just stop reading it I say.
    this is not getting anywhere i need a opinion from a mod not you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Suspensions may be extreme but not EVERYONE knows that there's an extreme subforum. Davey if you don't like it, please leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha, yeah, i think i'd count the not-so-extreme stuff as the standard tattoos/piercings thing, with maybe a subdermal or something... most of what will said, and suspensions, i would probably count in the more extreme section. take for example someone not into the bodymod 'scene' (for want of a better word), who had never heard of suspensions, clicked in, followed a link and saw a picture of it... i can imagine a lot of cringing etc, and probable freaking out at the computer (ha, like my housemate who insisted looking over my shoulder...).

i almost puked the first time i saw a scarification piece... you become normalised to it all after a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

well, surely that is the sort of thing that should be in extreme, along with suspension, which... face it... is the entire weight of a person, held by the flesh with what appear to be giant fish hooks... dangling in the air...

dont get me wrong, it's something i'd defo like to try at some point in the future... but i think it would certainly be best suited to the extreme forum.

Advertisement