Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mcse 2003 Eol?

Options
  • 13-03-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously my google skills suck.

When will the MCSE 2003 become "EOl" e.g. what is the last date I can take the exam?

If you have no MCP's today is it too late to take the 2003 track if you say did an exam a month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

ntlbell wrote: »
    Obviously my google skills suck.

When will the MCSE 2003 become "EOl" e.g. what is the last date I can take the exam?

If you have no MCP's today is it too late to take the 2003 track if you say did an exam a month?

Not at all. You can still do one on Windows 2000 Server if you feel like it.

2000 Server EOL is in 2011 if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Well if you are doing the Windows 2000 exams you better be quick most are retiring at the end of this month. Mainstream support for 2000 Pro ended around 2005, with extended ending in 2010

2003 exams will be retired I am guesiing 2010 at the earliest, but considering that the standard EOL (mainstream support ends) is 2 year after the successor product went RTM. Extended support ends 5 years are mainstream suport ends.

Considering that 2000 exams are only retiring now, you have plenty of time to do 2003. Mainstream support for 2003 estimates probably 2010 with extended support ending in 2015 but this could be extended due to the amount of time between the release of Windows 2003 and Windows 2008.

More info on product lifecycles here and exam retirement here

Advertisement