Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeff Jarrett

• 13-03-2008 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

I was looking through the wcw world championship title history on wwe.com, and I was absolutely shocked to find that Jeff Jarrett is a 4 time champion there! Even taking into account how badly booked wcw was at the time ....

Over the last few years I thought he had done a decent job at tna, and fair play to him for getting a promotion like that running, he went up in my estimation.

But he is someone I never pegged as a legitimate main eventer. Upper mid card ...sure .... maybe a filler world championship title ... but certainly not 4 World Titles!?!?!

Just curious as to what other people think of him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I really rate Jarrett as a heel he is great at getting really good heat although some of it is natural i conceed, his in ring work is passable he doesnt stink out an arena altough he really needs a better finisher than the stroke to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Jeff is Jerry Jarrett's son so I can understand why he got pushed so much in the main event there. The 4 time thing isn't too surprising, Booker T was a 5 time champ too! Also, Jeff is good pals with Vince Russo and he's an idiot.

I always liked Jeff though, he's a decent worker and more than capable on the mic. He is a bit old fashioned though and I think thats people had such a problem with him as TNA champ a few years ago. All his matches were the same and he rarely put new talent over. He seems to have gotten over that now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Jeff's heel character hasn't changed much since his WWF days, and his ring-work can be a little inconsistent.

That being said, he has had some outstanding mathces in TNA, while he was also very likeable and effective as a face. I would really like to see him return to TNA as a face, working upper-midcard feuds with the likes of Robert Rude, James Storm and Judas Mesias, plus a handful of main events against the likes of Kurt Angle and a killer heel/tweener Joe. He should not however hold the World title again, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I really enjoyed his heel WCW Championship runs.

He is a solid worker and can get good matches out of most opponents.

He's also very comfortable on the mike and is great at generating heel heat.

Like most main eventers who are bookers, he's kept himself in the title picture a little too long in TNA, but they could do far, far worse than having Double J on top.

That's J E Double F, J A Double R, E Double T!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Double C wrote: »
    Jeff is Jerry Jarrett's son so I can understand why he got pushed so much in the main event there.

Jerry wasn't working for WCW, was he?

Keep in mind that one of his title runs lasted a day and two others lasted a week. In total he was champion for less than six weeks

I kinda liked the guy in TNA. He was a good heel and was never terrible in the ring. Underrated I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Its a pity Jarrett is so tied up in TNA as i'd like to ee him back in the WWE. WWE are really lacking quality heels (have been for a while now) and Jarrett could do a decent job at it.

Really liked his work in '99 with WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

his women hating angle in wwf was INCREDIBLE. i loved it so much.. cindy margolis in a figure four haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I suppose I've always being very harsh on Jarrett. He has been a great heel in TnA.

Looking back at that title history though, I'm even more shocked to see that there was 18 title changes in that year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

DRakE wrote: »
    his women hating angle in wwf was INCREDIBLE. i loved it so much.. cindy margolis in a figure four haha :D

That was when he was at his best I think. That IC title run he had was fantastic. He was so easy to hate. A really brilliant mid card heel. Who would have thought that losing to X-Pac in a Hair Vs Hair match would be a jumpstart for your career.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

From memory, he debuted in WCW the day after losing the IC title to Chyna and got a bit of a ribbing over it on Nitro.

I remember him teaming with Owen Hart. They made a great team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Terry wrote: »

I remember him teaming with Owen Hart. They made a great team.

His tribute to Owen really won me over. Seemed more affected than anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Terry wrote: »
    From memory, he debuted in WCW the day after losing the IC title to Chyna

Apparently he got paid alot of money for that match. Seemily, his contract expired a day before that match was to occur and he played hard ball with Vince over doing the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Bubs101 wrote: »
    His tribute to Owen really won me over. Seemed more affected than anyone else.
    Yeah i saw him talk about Owen on the Bret dvd i just watched yesterday.. he was so choked up he really looked badlyy affected by it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Jarrett and Owen had the makings of something special back then.

Jerry never worked in WCW as far as I know, but he is a pretty big name in the business, especially down south So I'm not surprised that he got pushed to a main event level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I always thought Jarrett was overly criticized for making himself champion. Between him, Styles and Raven back in the day pretty much no one else could have done well with the title. Jarrett was the best heel in wrestling in 05/06. He was universally hated.

Overall I think Jarrett is great on the mike, can put on a great match with ANYBODY and deserved every one of his 6 TNA World Title runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Overall I think Jarrett is great on the mike, can put on a great match with ANYBODY and deserved every one of his 6 TNA World Title runs.

He had crap matches with Monty Brown and Kevin Nash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Okay, just about anybody, though Monty isn't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

I always thought Monty Brown was worth a shot as NWA World Champion.

Advertisement