Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Assurance - So confused

Options
  • 13-03-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi,

I went through LAbrokers recently for life assurance for a new mortgage that i am getting on my own it is for €152000 so that is what i specified that i wanted covered. I am 26 and the first year is discounted with them, Hibernian came in with a quote of €61 for the first year. So is this all i need along with home insurance to draw down the mortgage. Life assurance realy confuses me.

Help
    Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Are you sure Hibernian aren't looking for 61 a month? for a year that seems very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Humblepie

Try 123.ie, they have a special offer - 50% off for first yr. Just changed mine over today....€123 yoyo for first year on a mortgage of €248k with Caledonian I think....Anywya, give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

Tony255 wrote: »
    Hi,

I went through LAbrokers recently for life assurance for a new mortgage that i am getting on my own it is for €152000 so that is what i specified that i wanted covered. I am 26 and the first year is discounted with them, Hibernian came in with a quote of €61 for the first year. So is this all i need along with home insurance to draw down the mortgage. Life assurance realy confuses me.

Help
    Tony

What are you confused about. Is it : what is life insurance or what do I need for my mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

beeno67 wrote: »
    What are you confused about. Is it : what is life insurance or what do I need for my mortgage

i'm confused because 61 seems fairly low its €151 without the discount

i'm confused because 61 seems fairly low its €151 without the discount

Not too low. Is it term life assurance or is it mortgage protection. Term insurance will pay out 152000 no matter when you were to die through the term of the mortgage. Mortgage protection decreases as you pay off the mortgage. If you are a non-smoker going for mortgage protection 61 seems fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

beeno67 wrote: »
    Not too low. Is it term life assurance or is it mortgage protection. Term insurance will pay out 152000 no matter when you were to die through the term of the mortgage. Mortgage protection decreases as you pay off the mortgage. If you are a non-smoker going for mortgage protection 61 seems fine

It is term life assurance, this is enough with home insurance for me to be able to draw down the money, correct???

It is term life assurance, this is enough with home insurance for me to be able to draw down the money, correct???
    Should be, unless bank has put in other conditions.

Advertisement