Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Runs..

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

... was damn damp too!

It just got worse and worse. Wettest. Ride. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Yeah was cycling in the clouds on the way home from Enniskerry. Wasn't travelling too fast I have to admit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Well I thought the k.o was for 9.45 and went up to the sally gap but didn't pass anyone.Anyway,no harm done,more important that people were able to get some miles in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

need to synchronize watches better so. at the beep it will be 16:01.
    Beep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 snookie

definitely up for joining you guys next time. Post details of the trip and I'll make time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

kenmc wrote: »
    Yeah was cycling in the clouds on the way home from Enniskerry. Wasn't travelling too fast I have to admit!
    emty wrote: »
    Well I thought the k.o was for 9.45 and went up to the sally gap but didn't pass anyone.

We decided against the Sally Gap after getting to Glencree. Visibility was brutal by the time we got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It was brutal at times on Saturday. I've never been so cold. My teeth were chattering for the last 2 hours of my trip.

Raam wrote: »
    It was brutal at times on Saturday. I've never been so cold. My teeth were chattering for the last 2 hours of my trip.

It's never happened before, but when we were coming back I was saying I wish we were climbing because at least it would get us warmed up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    It's never happened before, but when we were coming back I was saying I wish we were climbing because at least it would get us warmed up a bit.

:)
    I was thinking the exact same on the way down the Wicklow Gap (we came at it from the Hollywood side). Then we headed up by Gleanmacnass Waterfall after that which felt great once I could feel my hands again, then the decent into Dublin chilled the bejesus out of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

this sounds like a great run.. could someone please post a map of it ? Or did ye do the full Wicklow 200.

thanks
    Rob

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    I was thinking the exact same on the way down the Wicklow Gap (we came at it from the Hollywood side).

Serious props for getting out to the Wicklow Gap on a day like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Are there any plans to give this another go this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Therre is indeed, here, but there don't seem to be as much interest this week :)

Advertisement