Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language Support Thread

Options
  • 13-03-2008 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

So got an idea today, people have there homework and don't know how to say a sentence in the chosen language, so they pop on over here and post it in English and peoples translate it. Would a sentence max or something along the lines of that obviously.

+1 or -1 people?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I had a language teacher many years ago who gave me some very good advice. She said 'If you can't say it, don't say it, find another way'.
    She had a point. Keep things simple and don't overstretch yourself on fancy sentences full of opportunities to make errors.

That said, I'm sure some people would find such a thread useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

It's a good idea.. provided as you say its kept to a minimum. No point doing the homework for people.

Plus as an added idea wouldn't it be good to collect all the sentences together and have them put onto a single post (much like the collection of Irish sentences/phrases thats stickied, except for German and French etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

deise_boi wrote: »
    It's a good idea.. provided as you say its kept to a minimum. No point doing the homework for people.

Yup obviously, or there wouldn't be much point in doing it.

Maybe a mod could sticky a such topic or something along the lines of it.

Advertisement