Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV to stream F1 on the web

• 13-03-2008 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=41939

This is good news, but I hope it does'nt become a subcripstion by payment only. (Just realised that it might be for uk residents only, might be able to get it on sopcast).
    ITV has announced a deal with Formula One Management (FOM) to acquire the UK online rights for Formula 1 on itv.com/f1 ahead of the new Formula 1 season, which kicks off this weekend (March 14-16) at the Australian Grand Prix.

This significant acquisition will see itv.com/f1 become the online home of Formula 1 in the UK, supporting the broadcast coverage on ITV1, whilst offering interactive action and news plus post-race highlight packages – all located here at itv.com/f1.

As part of the deal, itv.com/f1 will stream live simulcasts of the races, along with a live feed from Friday practice, which is currently not broadcast on any channel in the UK.

The new content will include:

* Premium video footage, including a post-race highlights package containing all of the action from the track with interviews and features hosted by the ITV team

* Live online streaming of Friday practice – not currently available to UK audiences

* Simulcasts of the race and qualifying

* 30-day catch-up service of the F1 coverage on ITV

* Clips from the post-event press conferences with the drivers

Annelies Van den Belt, MD, Broadband commented: “We’re thrilled to be able to offer live streaming Formula 1 video action to fans.

“Our coverage of the Friday practice will provide fans with direct access to all the action that they simply won’t find on TV.

“The itv.com/f1 website has been established as one of the best sport sites on the web for a number of years, and this only strengthens our claim to be the top online destination for F1 fans in the UK."

Mark Sharman, ITV's Director of News and Sport said: “We know from listening to our viewers that there is great demand from motorsport fans to watch F1 practice sessions and press conferences.

“This is yet another example of how we are using ITV’s digital channels and new media platforms to extend our award-winning coverage of sport to complement the big events on ITV1.”

Formula One Management said: “With UK Formula 1 audiences reaching their highest levels in many years, it gives us great pleasure to fuel this resurgence further with the introduction of online rights to complement ITV's broadcast coverage.”

The success of Lewis Hamilton in 2007 drove ITV’s F1 viewing figures to their highest volume since 2001, with almost 11 million watching live as Hamilton narrowly missed out on clinching the world title at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

This link will work. Watched the start of qualifying on it.

Can't seem to watch any video's off the ITV site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Thanks v much for the link. Dont have UTV and had tries UTV.com but it only streams to UK.
    What is the link, does it work for all races?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

watched some of the practice sessions with it at the weekend... does filter by ip, so for non uk residents you need to use a uk proxy

Sandwich wrote: »
    What is the link, does it work for all races?

:confused::confused: Are those questions about the link I posted:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Does this link work from Ireland ?

• Advertisement

Well it worked for me when I watched a few minutes of the Australian GP qualifying. At least you can see when the next transmission is on.(although I can now get that on the ITV site) I couldn't get any live video link to work on the main ITV-F1 site come race weekend. Just try it when the next race comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

(although I can now get that on the ITV site)

Are you able to see the ITV channels thru the website from Ireland. is so how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Sandwich wrote: »
    Are you able to see the ITV channels thru the website from Ireland. is so how?

You can watch the Friday practice sessions, quali on Sat and the race. For some reason they dont show the 3rd practice session before quali.

You can only watch F1 on that link, not regular programming.

What ro_chez said.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

$hite that link seems to be down now :( I was looking forward to the practice sessions this week.

Dont suppose you know of a new one ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

v10 wrote: »
    $hite that link seems to be down now :( I was looking forward to the practice sessions this week.

Dont suppose you know of a new one ?

Sopcast generally shows everything, but you might have to settle for japanese commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Guys, For the love of driving will somone lease tell us how to crack this one???:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭eoiner-galway

does anyone here get free setanta streaming like i do on eircom.net....

pm me for the link :)

baharin qualifying today... on setanta

Guys, For the love of driving will somone lease tell us how to crack this one???:o

Feed from ITV:o It's actually about 5\10 seconds ahead of my analogue feed on NTL.:D:D

The sound sometimes goes a bit wonky as if it's on a knackered old VHS tape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Thanks for sharing the link:D

Thanks Taxman, Buffering is shi*e for me though, is that my local connection or some other problem? Does it stream faster if I register?

Thanks,

BB

Taxman you fukcing genius, it has fixed itself on buffering and i am amazed how good it is. Will this hold for the season or is it covert?

I'm on a 6mb connection and it's watchable. Buffers slightly every now and then but not enough to make it unwatchable. No clue about registering,only found the site 20 mins ago.

Found the link from here.Down the bottom of the page under "additional links" All the others seem to need plug-ins installed.

does anyone here get free setanta streaming like i do on eircom.net....

pm me for the link :)

baharin qualifying today... on setanta

I have eircom.....I though the F1 wasn't on it.
    Please send me that link...I'm thinking of doing nasty things to Allen.

Working beautifully on my 2m You have done great work brother, enjoying the chat there too:)

• Advertisement

Fkucing went down:mad: Found it again on sop cctv-5 Would love to know if that is a tech problem or F1 watchdogs shutting it down? Anyone any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Why not just watch it on ITV. ITV is free to air now (for Sky users) and if you have NTL, you can watch it on that.

I don't see why you need to stream it in the first place :confused:

brim4brim wrote: »
    Why not just watch it on ITV. ITV is free to air now (for Sky users) and if you have NTL, you can watch it on that.

I don't see why you need to stream it in the first place :confused:

If you don't have cable,Sky or even a TV how else do you watch F1 in the comfort of your home. You find a stream on the net.:cool:

I have cable but just trying to help others that don't.

Fkucing went down:mad: Found it again on sop cctv-5 Would love to know if that is a tech problem or F1 watchdogs shutting it down? Anyone any thoughts?

Yeah that's gone here too. All links to that site are down. Are you watching it in Chinese or is it in English.

Moonbaby wrote: »

Another great find.:D

solve all your sports problems..... try myp2p.net:)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Mark 00

Hey.

Anyone know a site where this weekends gp can be watched. None of the links given above have the live stream for the practice session thats on now!

I needs my fix of F1...

If you don't have cable,Sky or even a TV how else do you watch F1 in the comfort of your home. You find a stream on the net.:cool:

I have cable but just trying to help others that don't.

ITV is free to air, just get a free to air box for like 100 quid from Lidl when they put on the offer.

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »

this one is still working btw. ITV coverage, they just don't cover the practice sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Couldn't find it on serena over the weekend however I did use myp2p and the american speed channel which I found had decent coverage reasonable quality.

Fortunately i've a friend in the uk who has set up proxy for my use so I was able to watch itv on sunday however the quality was not as good as the american one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Not video but live radio commentary:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/formulaone.shtml

and podcast of programs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Has any one got an English Proxy which can be used to watch the highlights on the ITV site?

Ay Cee wrote: »
    Has any one got an English Proxy which can be used to watch the highlights on the ITV site?

have you tried google "uk proxy" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Indeed I have but I haven't been able to find that it works with.

This link is working : http://www.justin.tv/musicxu but there is no sound.

Anybody know anything better??? :confused:

Ok just found it on http://www.tvserena.com/ ... with sound.

...But ya need to brush up on your german:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

I found a site called www.live-racing.tv You need to buy :mad: some software, and then you can watch various channels. Speed (american)didn't work today so i watched cctv-5 (chinese) I don't know what they were talking about, don't speek tomuch chinese i guess about the race :), but the picture's speek for themselfs. I hope next time i can watch speed again. Or spend some cash and get a dish to watch tv.

Does anybody have a link to watch F1 this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

This www.channelf1.net/index2.html worked for me in quali. Maybe it works for the race tomorrow. It is ITV btw.

Thanks rua1972

if you have eircom broadband.. they give setanta free on their site....

alternatively....

www.myp2p.eu
    www.justin.tv
    www.channelf1.net (just found this yesterday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

rua1972 wrote: »
    This www.channelf1.net/index2.html worked for me in quali. Maybe it works for the race tomorrow. It is ITV btw.
    if you have eircom broadband.. they give setanta free on their site....

alternatively....

www.myp2p.eu
    www.justin.tv
    www.channelf1.net (just found this yesterday)

does the channelf1 link only work during racing, tried the link a few times and is currently showing off line, i mean, should i expect to see anything else the rest of the time

yeh it should start when the race begins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Live stream of British Grand Prix here:

http://3cadde.org/game/128/Formula-1-Canli-Yayini.html

Thanks Ian, Is it just me or is that feed annoyingly broken in delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Thanks Ian, Is it just me or is that feed annoyingly broken in delivery?

Was working fine for me blackster!

Doesn't even cut for commercials

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭joeirish

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Live stream of British Grand Prix here:

http://3cadde.org/game/128/Formula-1-Canli-Yayini.html

I don't seem to be able to find the live feed? All I can get is three screens with qualifying recordings? Any ideas?

joeirish wrote: »
    I don't seem to be able to find the live feed? All I can get is three screens with qualifying recordings? Any ideas?

when i click on that link i get the video playing

• Advertisement
Advertisement