Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

911 Vrt???

Options
  • 13-03-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any idea of the VRT on a 98/99 911 Carrera 2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

for this car, it could be VRT worth paying!

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

:D:D:D, depends on how much it is to how much I have got to spend...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,419 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's odd, if you use the VRT calculator (see sticky), select Porsche and then select 911, it only comes up with results for the 997 (2004 and later)

I'd expect a VRT bill for around the €12k mark. But you know you can email a VRO? When I did (about another car that was not quoted online), I got an answer back in about 3 weeks :rolleyes:

I've not been able to contact them via the good awl telephone either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

this is really a sore point with me :

I had been looking to bring one in, but this is what put me off. They value the VRT on 996 911s in the following fashion (and I quote from an email from them)

The values we have for a 1998 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 2 Coupe 3.4Lt. RHD Manual are:
    A (pristine) EUR53,000, B (average) EUR50,000 and C (bad) EUR47,000. The VRT is 30% of the value.

Donal Brohan.
    Central Vehicle Office.

So are you going to buy an "average" 911, a "bad" 911 or a "pristine" ? and how are they going to determine its condition ! :mad: Personally when buying a car, I like to know exactly how much I'm going to spend, and I don't want some random variable thrown in for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ondafly wrote: »

I had been looking to bring one in, but this is what put me off. They value the VRT on 996 911s in the following fashion (and I quote from an email from them)

The values we have for a 1998 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 2 Coupe 3.4Lt. RHD Manual are:
    A (pristine) EUR53,000, B (average) EUR50,000 and C (bad) EUR47,000. The VRT is 30% of the value.

Donal Brohan.
    Central Vehicle Office.

So are you going to buy an "average" 911, a "bad" 911 or a "pristine" ? and how are they going to determine its condition ! :mad: Personally when buying a car, I like to know exactly how much I'm going to spend, and I don't want some random variable thrown in for fun.
    I have to say it sounds reasonable enough to me.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Any I have seen on Autotrader.co.uk seem in very good nick, and I've no doubt the VRT crowd would see it that way. Shocking, yet another example of the gross incompetence the motoring public have to put up with :rolleyes:

So, 53k = €15900, which I presume is before they go hunting for extras? Is it worth trying to phone them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

It'll be more than 12k......a friend of mine brought in a 95 one a few months ago and it cost 12k to clear that - and it had 115k miles on it.

Ondafly's no's are more accurate - but the problem with that is that the VRO's value of a 98 996 is way too high - a 98 996 is worth mid 40's, max.

I looked at one last Saturday in the UK. 00, 65k miles,GBP 21.5k.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

also if you're seriously considering one - make sure you know all about the rear main seal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Which email address did you use and how long did it take? I mailed southcountyvrt@revenue.ie over a week ago about a 05 Quattroporte but havn't heard anything back...

Donal Brohan.
    Central Vehicle Office.

galwaytt wrote: »
    Ondafly's no's are more accurate

Because I made mine up and he got his from the VRO ;)

€15k for an average condition '98 is a lot of money BTW. Do they really sell for €50k here? Carzone (asking prices) suggest otherwise...

• Advertisement

ah I should have pointed out, my figures were from last year. I guess it says alot about the marque though, they rarely go down in price ;) plus they are quite a different driving experience for me personally coming from a BMW

@mickk: I emailed dbrohan AT revenue.ie

Last year a friend brought in a 98 996 - and he was charged €19450, he appealed it, and 5 weeks later it was reduced to €15450 ( 30% of €51,500 as they said it was between pristine and average ). How nice of them to give him an inbetween value lol.

Last year a friend brought in a 98 996 - and he was charged €19450, he appealed it, and 5 weeks later it was reduced to €15450 ( 30% of €51,500 as they said it was between pristine and average ). How nice of them to give him an inbetween value lol.

Nice discount! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I was in Tallaght VRO 2 weeks ago. Had to send my details to Rosslare-said I would hear back within 2 days. Nothing yet-phones not answered or e-mails not returned. Oh well, I have a doc to say that I have attempted to reg the car so am safe enough if stopped I guess.

Advertisement