Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BSOD when trying to boot

• 13-03-2008 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey,

Over the last few weeks i've been getting that horrible BSOD when trying to boot.Operating system is Windows Xp service pack 2.I can get into the computer in safe mode and when I reboot from there I can get into windows normally.

The blue screen error is IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL with STOP
    '0x00000000,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x 804f9b74'
    at the bottom of the screen.

Also in the event viewer I get the following report:

Details
    Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 7026
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Version: 5.0
    Component: System Event Log
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
    Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1

Explanation
    The specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the expected location.

User Action
    Do all of the following:1. Verify that the drivers are configured correctly. 2. Verify that the computer is running the most current version of the drivers.

Version: 5.2
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
    Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1

Explanation
    The specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the expected location.

User Action
    Do all of the following:1. Verify that the drivers are configured correctly. 2. Verify that the computer is running the most current version of the drivers.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    AFD
    AVG Anti-Spyware Driver
    Avg7Core
    Avg7RsW
    Avg7RsXP
    Fips
    intelppm
    IPSec
    MRxSmb
    NetBIOS
    NetBT
    RasAcd
    Rdbss
    Tcpip

Anybody any ideas what this might be?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

First thing I'd check is go into system restore and see if anything has been installed just before your problem started happening, if so restore to this point and see how you get on.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Get Memcheck and check your RAM, one stick may be kaput!

Have you been overclocking/tweaking at all recently?

Advertisement