Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

is200 ecm/trc fault!! anyone?

Options
  • 13-03-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a 2000 lexus is200!! it's pretty much been trouble free untill now!:):)but then my luck changed!!:confused:when the car is cold the trc light will start flashing and the car's engine cuts down,this has been going on bout 2 months now, it happens alot when cold when it warms up it's not too bad only happening on rare occasions!! it doesn't seem a big deal, but when youve paid 12k for the car , you just don't want it happening!:mad: i brought it to my local mechanic who checked it on his diagnostics!! a fault c1203 ecm/trc communication circuit malfunction came up!! he erased the fault and all for 25euro!!:cool: the next day started the car light on again!! i rang the local lexus dealership and they said 200euro to put it on diagnostics, thats without looking for the problem!! so things could get very expensive!!! was just wondering if anyone has came across this before, and maybe they can help me solve it? :confused:thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Try a smaller toyota main dealer. Surely wont charge 200 to check it out! They have full diagnostics for lexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Here is a link to some diagnostics info, might help have not had time to go through it but it might be worth having a read.

www.autoshop101.com/forms/brake12.pdf

Advertisement