Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in playing cricket?

• 13-03-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭

We've started back training on Wednesday nights in Lismore for the coming season. Since it's a long trek up and people are restricted with transport I can give a few a lift if they're interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Wouldn't mind it, what times and what level of commitment is required? Tis an hour drive as you said and an hour back. What time could I expect to get myself home at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Well I work shifts so I go up 2 out of 3 weeks. We cater for all interests and the lads are all grand to deal with. For the moment it's indoors between 8-9 so should be home around half 10 at the very latest. We play in the Munster League in divisions 2 & 3.

Grand, I'll be up next wed so. Will PM you later. Pub now.

I'm on evenings next week so it will be the week after that. Send me a pm and I'll let you know the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hi Ken

Id be interested in this too. What sort of commitment is needed in terms of buying gear?

• Advertisement

Kev

All you'd need really is the whites, we have some club gear as it is with bats, pads etc supplied. If you want to go one step further and get your own gear you could but it's not necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Ken,

It's something I've occasionally considered, but never followed up on.
    The only thing is I've never played a game of cricket in my life. Is this any way suited to a mid thirties, moderately fit, complete novice? Or would I be wasting everyone's time?

There's a big mix of people there so anyone would be welcome. There's training tonight between 8-9 at the school hall. I won't be there myself as I'm on evenings but back training next week.

I won't make it tonight, but I'll see about next week. Besides gear/equipment what costs are involved? Is there a membership fee?

I think it's about €70 for the year but it's not expected to be paid up front. Other than that there's match costs towards the umpires, food etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Ah yes cricket it died a bit of a death in waterford about 4 years ago,i played for jordans and callaghane to think there was at least 6 teams in the city ten years ago ,then there was none.it was a shame we got kicked out of newtown that was the beginning of the end for us.Nothing better than a sunny summer evening playing the game,sadly its golf for me now :rolleyes:

Thanks Ken.

Just as well this came back up, I totally forgot.

Ronan I'll get in touch with you during the weekend if you want a lift up next week and also Kev I'll send you on a pm too.

Advertisement