Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuning TV's

• 13-03-2008 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

I picked up two 24" nokia tv's from a hotel clean out with a mind to stick them into the spare rooms at home.
    Unfortunately the remotes that came with the tellys dont, as far as I can see, have any function to allow the tuning of channels from a regular aerial. Neither do the tvs themselves have any tuning buttons.
    What can I do to get these working? Is there a remote I could buy that might do the trick?

Any help is appreciated

SD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

...I don't know about this. I wonder if they "locked down" to prevent guests trying to tune in channels, and even to stop them stealing them..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yeah thats called hotel mode. of you google the model number of the tv, you should be able to find the manual and that will tell you how to disable hotel mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

Donberg Electronics in Donegal will have a repalcement remote. Just give them a ring on 074 95 48 275 or www.donberg.ie with the model number of the set.
    Maybe just get one and use it to tune both tv's?!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Thats great guys. Thanks fro the info

Advertisement