Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Byrne Bookmakers s.p. v price taken

Options
  • 13-03-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Thought I saw a sign in their shop in Killester today, if you take a price and the s.p. is greater, they pay you the bigger price. Could somebody please confirm if this is just on live shows, selected races or does it cover morning prices?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

I know for a fact that Celtic Bookmakers have this policy. Also, Hacketts have a policy where if you back a double digit winner, depending on the price, they'll add a certain amount of pts to it. Afaik, for a 12/1, they'll give 5 extra pts meaning it'll be 17/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

cson wrote: »
    I know for a fact that Celtic Bookmakers have this policy.

They guarantee all board prices but not all morning prices, only a couple "Best of Both Worlds" races each day. They are usually wide open races. And it's for single bets only.

During big meets they might guarantee all races though. For example they are guaranteeing all races at Cheltenham today, even for multiples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Folks,

Thought I saw a sign in their shop in Killester today, if you take a price and the s.p. is greater, they pay you the bigger price. Could somebody please confirm if this is just on live shows, selected races or does it cover morning prices?

Thanks in advance

Bet 365 do this as well and it does cover morning prices. There are or 2 more that I can't think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

thanks lads but does anyone know the definitive with regard to Byrne Bookmakers please?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Folks,

Thanks in advance

I would have thought that the sign was pretty self explanatory!
    Say you go in a back Sweet Kiln @ 4/1 and after a huge gamble on Aingle D'or the price of Sweet Kiln goes out to 5/1 the bookmaker is giving you the better price. ie 5/1.

Simple. It covers any price that you are prepared to take on your docket at the time you have the bet.

• Advertisement

I would have thought that the sign was pretty self explanatory!
    Say you go in a back Sweet Kiln @ 4/1 and after a huge gamble on Aingle D'or the price of Sweet Kiln goes out to 5/1 the bookmaker is giving you the better price. ie 5/1.

Simple. It covers any price that you are prepared to take on your docket at the time you have the bet.

The sign may have said 'live price' as opposed to just price hance the confusion. They have certian morning price races as best of both worlds (as in they pay better price if sp is bigger) hence the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Folks,

Thanks in advance

Where abouts is this bookmakers located?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

raheny red wrote: »
    Where abouts is this bookmakers located?

Killester and Leeson Street just over the bridge

Bluetonic wrote: »

thats what has me confused. a live price means a price from when the opening show is in until the off of a race. the price I took was before the opening show, hence was not live but from what i remember of the sign in the shop it did not distinguish between live price or any price. I might be in the shop during the week so will get a definitive answer off them.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Killester and Leeson Street just over the bridge

Sorry should have been more clearer. Where exactly in Killester is it?

raheny red wrote: »
    Sorry should have been more clearer. Where exactly in Killester is it?

I should have been more clearer! Its along the row of shops on middle third situated beside the Ramble Inn pub.

Just to confirm, better price is paid on selected morning price races and any show price from opening show until the off. Therefore any morning prices not selected as better price races are not included.

Regards

Advertisement