Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monk. Locked Why?

Options
  • 13-03-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Why so? Curious. Nonsense yes. But AH. Hmm.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

English please.

If you mean this. It probably belongs in the tv forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Maybe because there is a television forum for discussing television programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Perfectly harmless Monk thread in AH locked. Just wonderin why.

But it wasnt moved, it was locked.

If it's always moved lazy posters will never learn. Can't say the thread was really going anywhere either.

• Advertisement

Possibly not. Was in the mood for goin nowhere with the monk though.

Could point to the Cathal O Irishfella thread but hey, Im over it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It was a silly post. You basically started off by telling everyone what you were watching on tv at the time. Thats what the TV forum is for (if that). Its not for after hours. The post was quite stupid and the thread was going nowhere fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

smashey wrote: »
    Maybe because there is a television forum for discussing television programmes.
    Peared wrote: »
    But it wasnt moved, it was locked.

The original post was a statement; not a question not an opening for a discussion. I gave it a chance because often a statement can be an opening for a discussion - this proved not to be one of those times. It doesn't belong in AH (IMHO) and there wasn't enough substance to inflict it on Television.

You would have got a quicker and more detailed reply had you sent a PM to me. This'll have to do you. Goodnight.
    (Remind me to tap your knee later.)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Karoma wrote: »
    there wasn't enough substance to inflict it on Television.
    Fair enough, but for comedy value it should have been kept open. For example:

The Monk: Sure me own house has been broken into two times.
    Reynolds: And what did you do?
    The Monk: I brought dem to de hospital.

Classic!

The original post was a statement; not a question not an opening for a discussion. I gave it a chance because often a statement can be an opening for a discussion - this proved not to be one of those times. It doesn't belong in AH (IMHO) and there wasn't enough substance to inflict it on Television.

You would have got a quicker and more detailed reply had you sent a PM to me. This'll have to do you. Goodnight.

Fair nuff. Twas only a polite enquiry.
    (Remind me to tap your knee later.)

Ooer missus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Damnit! I came into this thread expecting a discussion on drunken brown robe wearing men!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Damnit! I came into this thread expecting a discussion on drunken brown robe wearing men!
    Those monks from Buckfast Abbey I'll wager!

I too was disappointed with this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Dades wrote: »
    Those monks from Buckfast Abbey I'll wager!

I too was disappointed with this thread.

Hmmm.....You look stangely familiar!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The thread just asked if anyone watched a tv show. Not really a discussion prompting first post if you ask me! It was best locked rather than being moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

faceman wrote: »
    The thread just asked if anyone watched a tv show. Not really a discussion prompting first post if you ask me! It was best locked rather than being moved.

And that is why Faceman should be made the new AH mod.

I already told you: future-Overheal already PM'd me on wednesday and told me I'm the new mod. Terry indocrinated me in; it was a lovely speech I'm told.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I was supprised my thread was locked. I was thinking that the man is a dangerous man and people might be wary of commenting on him - but I did not think it should have been locked. The programme was AH material and I knew it would be - thats why I started it. Should not have been locked IMO.....

It's not your thread, it's Terry's.

Sorry Karoma, when you get a chocolate orange this will work for you too.

Mmmm....chocolatey orange goodness....

I havent seen one of those things in years.

darkman2 wrote: »
    I was supprised my thread was locked. I was thinking that the man is a dangerous man and people might be wary of commenting on him - but I did not think it should have been locked. The programme was AH material and I knew it would be - thats why I started it. Should not have been locked IMO.....

Yeah; you seem to think that about a lot of your crappy threads. I would have thought we had this discussion before. AH tends to be for discussion more than "zomg! ders sumtin on teh telleh" statements. If you wanted to discuss facts about the monk and any aspect that this may have had on, um, anything - AH it would have been. If you wanted to discuss the interview - Television. If you post the crap you posted - expect it to be locked.
    If I leave your pointless statement there, I'd be expected to leave the others - at the moment, these threads tend only to appear once every 2 or 3 days or something, but imagine if everyone did it? so many shows on so many channels - no discussion, no real evoking of thought on the deep matters like we're used to in AH...imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Hennessy

Yeah; you seem to think that about a lot of your crappy threads. I would have thought we had this discussion before. AH tends to be for discussion more than "zomg! ders sumtin on teh telleh" statements. If you wanted to discuss facts about the monk and any aspect that this may have had on, um, anything - AH it would have been. If you wanted to discuss the interview - Television. If you post the crap you posted - expect it to be locked.
    If I leave your pointless statement there, I'd be expected to leave the others - at the moment, these threads tend only to appear once every 2 or 3 days or something, but imagine if everyone did it? so many shows on so many channels - no discussion, no real evoking of thought on the deep matters like we're used to in AH...imagine.

Well Said.

I agree about the telly thing, there would be gazillions of similar threads.

Just think the Monk thread would have headed somewhere interesting.

Im not usually a feedbacker and Im not givin out, just..emm.. feedbacking.

Yeah; you seem to think that about a lot of your crappy threads.

Whatever. I seem to be always targeted by you for some reason. Have I done something to you? I dont even know you. There is no need to insult me. There are more serious threads on after hours then the one that I never intended to be serious about a Dublin criminal taking the mick out of the country on TV......

What about the thread about Tara - for example......go and get in their faces aswell as you seem quite intent on getting in mine.

This thread just got new life :pac: PM tbh

There was nothing wrong with the monk thread whatsoever - and to prove that it would have been a good thread he should reopen it for a day and see for himself. The programme was on at the time......i was going to add more to it when it was locked. Ive only had 3 threads ever locked on boards incl this one in over 3000 posts.....perhaps Karoma should ignore that and deal with this topic that was locked without refering to others. Oh look another monk thread has started - bet you that one stays open. No reasonable person would have locked that thread so quickly.

Ah what have I started?

Who would have thought the monk could cause any kinda trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Hennessy

Who would have thought the monk could cause any kinda trouble?

rofflie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

Agreed, the thread should have been moved, not locked.
    Some people need to get off their high horses.

Just think the Monk thread would have headed somewhere interesting.
    It was open for ~1hr in After Hours and got nothing but spam. It was locked as threads very very rarely come back from that death.

darkman2: blah blah blah. Yes; I'm out to get you. I'm hiding under your bed. Blah blah. rabble. blah.
    Your thread was going nowhere because you started it badly. We've been through this before I think. Get over yourself.
    *yawn*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

He's my favourite along with Columbo. I love how he can't handle social situations well but he can figure out who the murderer is by looking at someones hand or remembering something. GoE MoNK!

MONK_finger.jpg

Advertisement