Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its the Prem Weekend Thread Ides Of March Special

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

1-0 = ronaldo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

West Ham 2-1 Blackburn. Whoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

United are 1.73 on betfair now, not bad since they were 1.19 starting off. Looks like good value, ronaldo in the 83rd minute to steal it 1-0.

So predictable.. is it not terribly boring being a united fan ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So predictable.. is it not terribly boring being a united fan ;)

Why are you quoting yourself?

To prove a point.

To prove a point.

The point that you can quote yourself?

Looks like the hunt for 4th is truly a two-horse race now with Villa after crumbling. Next weekend could do a lot towards deciding everything with the big 4 all playing each other. Hopefully the Arsenal game puts them back on top soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Looks like the hunt for 4th is truly a two-horse race now with Villa after crumbling. Next weekend could do a lot towards deciding everything with the big 4 all playing each other. Hopefully the Arsenal game puts them back on top soon.

I assume he was quoting himself to show that his prediction came through...seen many many others do the same..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He said that Ron would score [late in the game] to save United and that's what happened. Wtf are you talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lol..

Would have been interesting if United didn't win today. I was watching scoreline on BBC and it flashed up 1 - 1 towards the very end for a second and then they changed it quickly.

• Advertisement

Lol did someone get out of the wrong side of bed this morning ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Valid goal for Arsenal ruled out, gay.

:-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Valid goal for Arsenal ruled out, yay.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

As much as I want Arsenal to win it's a stupid rule anyway imo. Offside should be offside, it's annoying.

You want defenders to be able to get opposition forwards flagged offside by passing it to them themselves?

• Advertisement

Anyone elses Setanta picture keep breaking up?
    You want defenders to be able to get opposition forwards flagged offside by passing it to them themselves?
    Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a problem with that. Why should the striker be standing offside anyway?

To stop the back-pass?

Fair enough. :) It's the phase thing though that's the problem.

Aliadiere. Oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Get in there!! Come on 'Boro, do us a favour! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Anyone elses Setanta picture keep breaking up?

Yup. Shambolic today. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Arsenal - cut out the diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

If Arsenal lose, anyone think Chelsea have a good chance of taking the title with home games against ManU / Arse still to come ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SofaK wrote: »
    If Arsenal lose, anyone think Chelsea have a good chance of taking the title with home games against ManU / Arse still to come ?

they are next to unbeatable at home alright, id say they'd be worth a (not particularly) sly bet alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea are of course in the race, but if Arsenal lose, the title is in their hands I think. That said, you can't write off any of the three teams imo, although I think Chelsea are the least likely to win.
    This midweek will reveal a lot more, cause United are playing Bolton and Chelsea are playing Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Damn 1-1

Come on Boro hang on

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

high leg isn't a red card

I'd happily take a draw :) Come on Boro

mayordenis wrote: »

No but kicking Clichy in the head is

p.s. I'm very confused wathcing this match, Boros jerseys are just like Arsenals away, I keep getting confused which team is Arsenal :)

Arsenal are really looking like they could nick this, and I'm very worried about the internet jinx

• Advertisement

My heart is dying here

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

thats not what happened
    im not even sure mido even saw clichy at all, his eyes were always on the ball

The ref should've let that corner go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Full time 1-1

Gwan Arsenal, four draws in a row.

I think that Wengers lack of rotation early on has led to some of the players just being too tired. Fabregas, Gallas and Abedayour look absolutely wrecked.
    I don't think this has been a conscious choice, just a lack of options, in some cases due to lack of depth (with Gallas and Fabregas) but in some cases due to injuries (with Abedayour)

Good to see refs blowing up after 4 minutes, rather than 4 minutes and the last clearance. I'm not sure in that exact case it was fair, but football seems to be becoming more like Pro Evo every day, where the game can go on indefinately until the ball is cleared to a certain distance

United can do 3 points clear on Wednesday against Bolton. Chelsea will be equal on points on Wednesday if they beat Spurs

thats not what happened
    im not even sure mido even saw clichy at all, his eyes were always on the ball

Either way, Clichy went off with blood streaming from his head and the ref (perhaps harshly) judged it a dangerous professional foul

I told ya's games you don't expect teams to drop points will play a huge part in the title race. Arsenal dropped 8 points in a row, Man Utd 5 points in a row about a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Miller had a great chance to score when he skinned Vidic. Vidic has real problems marking the nippy players. I remember he had a nightmare against Bellamy. Although he's in good company as Cannavaro, Puyol and McShane find it tough against those type of players too.

Yeah, but Cannavaro and Puyol can make up for that with experience and intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Yeah, but Cannavaro and Puyol can make up for that with experience and intelligence.

Not since World Cup '06. He has been truly awful in his entire time with Madrid and is still living off his stellar World Cup campaign.

• Advertisement

Every defender has real trouble marking these days. Those nippy ****ers in one on ones are gona beat you some of the time, no defener can win a one on one every time against a decent attack. The key is to stop those situations happening. When Ferdinand plays, those situations don't happen :)

PHB wrote: »
    Every defender has real trouble marking these days. Those nippy ****ers in one on ones are gona beat you some of the time, no defener can win a one on one every time against a decent attack. The key is to stop those situations happening. When Ferdinand plays, those situations don't happen :)

Anton Ferdinand is good alright, but in a defence with George McCartney and Lucas Neil, anyone can look good. Still, they've conceded 13 goals in 4 games, he's hardly the best defender in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Shane Long was not too happy being taken off, flung his top at Steve Coppell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Shane Long was not too happy being taken off, flung his top at Steve Coppell.
    Loved Steve Coppell interview afterwards awell when the interviewer asked him would Long be fined and he just said, "It wont happen again". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Loved Steve Coppell interview afterwards awell when the interviewer asked him would Long be fined, "It wont happen again". :)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Nunu wrote: »
    and is still living off his stellar World Cup campaign.

Yeah his whole career before the world cup was muck too.How can anyone expect 1 defender to play well for a team that doesn't defend in any sense of the word ?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

dangerous play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

d22ontour wrote: »
    Yeah his whole career before the world cup was muck too.How can anyone expect 1 defender to play well for a team that doesn't defend in any sense of the word ?

:rolleyes:

I didn't say that, you did....quote my whole post please:)

No way am I doubting his standing in the game and he'll go down as a great defender, but my only point was he has been crap for the last 2 seasons (I've seen pretty much every game he's played for Madrid), for whatever reason. You yourself don't disagree with that, so what's the problem:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Madrid bought one of the finest defenders we have seen and you slate him for performances in a team who have as much defensive know how as San Marino.Buying class defenders into a system that pretty much doesn't defend is nonsense.What did you think he would actually offer Madrid ? They are a Newcastle who win trophies imo.Saying he has been crap in a defence that is crap holds no substance.Madrid don't know how to defend, did you honestly think buying a class defender would solve that ?

d22ontour wrote: »
    Madrid bought one of the finest defenders we have seen and you slate him for performances in a team who have as much defensive know how as San Marino.Buying class defenders into a system that pretty much doesn't defend is nonsense.What did you think he would actually offer Madrid ? They are a Newcastle who win trophies imo.Saying he has been crap in a defence that is crap holds no substance.Madrid don't know how to defend, did you honestly think buying a class defender would solve that ?

:D

You drunk?

He has been average for Madrid. Not because of other players, HIS actual defending has been average at times.

Ramos has been far better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Everton - Fulham 0-0 at HT

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement