Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its the Prem Weekend Thread Ides Of March Special

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

come on Fulham!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Come on Everton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Come on the ref!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Need Fulham to score...no clean sheet for Everton pppppppppppllllllleeeeeaaaaaasssssssseee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Come on Billy the Badger! Piss another person off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

PHB wrote: »
    Come on the ref!
    ewwww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

w00t!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

F*ck sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

:pac:Come on Brian McBride

Koumas sent off already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Woop at the Everton result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

bye bye everton

(hopefully:))

Big result for Liverpool, gona be a huge test next weekend against United, a win there would be a huge step towards 4th place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

bah!

Keane 21st goal of the season. :eek:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 Spurs nice goal from Keane.

kdjac

lovely goal

Heskey put Wigan up against Bolton.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Xavi will not be a happy chappy.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

city are playing crap, i think they aint scored a goal since benjani at United. typical city really. looks like they got a bit carried away with that result. will spurs keep this advantage though? they are playing well, but past results this season means that their fans will have a nervous second half, no matter what the lead by.

City equalise

Mike.

and robbie keane aint happy that he is subbed.....tracksuit top hits the floor. another shane long, gosh, wats up with the ireland strikers this weekend?

Keane is ****ing right. It's ludicrous to bring Bent on. Keane has been their best striker, and he gets subbed all the time for an ineffective Bent who does **** all. It's not like Bent is coming on and scoring or something reguarly, he comes on, is ****, and thats that.

Robbo is the worst keeper ever. Its Official
    2-1

Joe Hart running him a close second

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Keane is ****ing right. It's ludicrous to bring Bent on. Keane has been their best striker, and he gets subbed all the time for an ineffective Bent who does **** all. It's not like Bent is coming on and scoring or something reguarly, he comes on, is ****, and thats that.

Yeah it makes no sense at all.

See in the post match analysis, Rednapp thought that Keane was British:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

pd101 wrote: »

See in the post match analysis, Rednapp thought that Keane was British:rolleyes:

was he corrected?

Stupid decision which lost them the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

pd101 wrote: »

Priceless when he was taken off :D to be fair to Redknapp, I suppose English,Welsh,Scotish and Irish are viewed as home based players. No big deal imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Delighted for Fulham, as a London team I really hope they stay up,not going to be easy for them,West Ham were in a similar position as them and managed to stay up although they had Tevez, anyone think they can stay up

Here's their remaining fixtures.

Newcastle (a)
    Derby (a)
    Sunderland (h)
    Reading (a)
    Liverpool (h)
    Man City (a)
    Birmingham (h)
    Portsmouth (a)

They have to play most of the teams in the relegation fight, so if they can win those they have a good chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get a point from the Liverpool game either.

• Advertisement

was he corrected?

He actually said English first, then tried to correct himself and said British.

Anyone would think he was a bit thick (I may get away with that one).

Mike.

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Xavi will not be a happy chappy.......

Oh how things can chnage in half a game of football.
    city are playing crap, i think they aint scored a goal since benjani at United. typical city really. looks like they got a bit carried away with that result. will spurs keep this advantage though? they are playing well, but past results this season means that their fans will have a nervous second half, no matter what the lead by.

:rolleyes: Yes cause that's our cup final etc etc

Not a bad thing to wake up to on a Monday morning. A come from behind win and a Robbie Keane tantrum. Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Thought Dunne was excellent (again)., esp in the 2nd half. And he helped Onouha along too. Berbatov was fairly muted.

Garrido, I think, is a poor player though. Errikson needs to buy a better LB in the summer.

SofaK wrote: »
    Thought Dunne was excellent (again)., esp in the 2nd half. And he helped Onouha along too. Berbatov was fairly muted.

Garrido, I think, is a poor player though. Errikson needs to buy a better LB in the summer.

he need to buy a lot of better in the summer, Benjani Vassell are his striking options and dunno if Hamman is there for another season (xavi6 is he ? )

They linked with pretty much everyone as is the way when your a buying club

Diego, Milito, Lopez, Owen etc:

Thats like 100 million :eek:and doubt Frank Sinatra has that.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    he need to buy a lot of better in the summer, Benjani Vassell are his striking options and dunno if Hamman is there for another season (xavi6 is he ? )

They linked with pretty much everyone as is the way when your a buying club

Diego, Milito, Lopez, Owen etc:

Thats like 100 million :eek:and doubt Frank Sinatra has that.

kdjac

Actually, £100 million is exactly the figure that has been floating around the club for the last few days. It looks like he's gonna give sven a treasure chest that size for the summer.

Didi has signed a new one year deal so he'll be around next year.

That's the sort of money City need to spend, I'd say for about 2 years, in order to catch up with the top 4. But with that sort of money, and a manager like Sven, it's very doable.

That's the sort of money City need to spend, I'd say for about 2 years, in order to catch up with the top 4. But with that sort of money, and a manager like Sven, it's very doable.

Sven isnt a coach tho he buys finsihed articles only, imo thats where city will fall down the young players they have now will suffer when he buys in a complete package. Its like Lazio all over again, short term success for long term ****e.

Elano Cities saviour from early this season will be dumped for Diego, Benjani ehhh well if they get Milito hes a squad player.

Altho Milito and Diego in the same team a fairly ****ing awesome prospect.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Diego being linked with Chelsea as well though.

Anyone surprised when City let Miller join West Brom permenantly? He's been really decent from what I've seen.

seriously lads, can u honestly see any really top top class players like these 2 joining city, no offence Xavi, but i just cant see it happening. they would have to pay well over the odds from that 100 million to get them. and saying that, i cant see them having anywhere near that figure either.

• Advertisement

seriously lads, can u honestly see any really top top class players like these 2 joining city, no offence Xavi, but i just cant see it happening. they would have to pay well over the odds from that 100 million to get them. and saying that, i cant see them having anywhere near that figure either.

yes.

They have money, money is what drives the football buisness. They also have Sven so players will opt for him.

kdjac

City will be a posh version of Pompey/Bolton (under Big Sam), Sven will pick up experienced talent that is a few years past its peak and open to offers for a handy wage, in parallel he can start looking for younger players probably from eastern Europe and South America who can be blended in over two or three years and by year 4/5 City could be on a par with the Big 4 but with some decent foundations underpinning the success. That would be the ideal anyway!

Mike.

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Sven isnt a coach tho he buys finsihed articles only, imo thats where city will fall down the young players they have now will suffer when he buys in a complete package. Its like Lazio all over again, short term success for long term ****e.

Like Fernandes and Corluka you mean?
    Diego being linked with Chelsea as well though.

Anyone surprised when City let Miller join West Brom permenantly? He's been really decent from what I've seen.

Nah he was never going to cut it mainly because we have Sturridge who the club valued higher.

As said, money talks and we have it. All it takes is one or two to join. This time last year I never thought we'd get the likes of Petrov and Elano. Who knows who we'll have this time next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Mike, Sven already got Elano to City who is neither past his peak or a young up-and-coming player. I'd say he'd be well able to tempt some top talent who are that their peak.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    As said, money talks and we have it...

Providing a certain benefactor doesnt get imprisoned, or worse, return to politics, in the meantime ;)

Thaskin is extremely safe within Thailand, so little chance of him being convicted its unreal, and even if he was, he'd be pardoned due to his massive popularity. He is also highly unlikely to officially return to politics, nobody wants him to, not even his own party, and he doesn't even seem to want to himself. He is best on the sidelines, forever loved for an average to poor performance as prime minister, but loved nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thaskin is more dodgy then the old Athy market!

Jaysus some people live here on boards - Always on!

Trilla wrote: »
    Thaskin is more dodgy then the old Athy market!

Jaysus some people live here on boards - Always on!

What else would I do in work? Actually work? Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

No he wasn't, it was disgraceful behaviour from him considering he was captain, he should set a better example than that.

If he's a problem with the manager he should sort it out in private, not on camera.

And if that's too much he can fcuk off and join his namesake on Wearside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A come from behind win and a Robbie Keane tantrum. Happy days!

Don't forget to thank the lineos.

Advertisement