Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ryan Air car insurance

Options
  • 14-03-2008 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi has anybody here got insured with Ryan Air(No jokes please!!), or know of anybody that has been insured with them, just passed my test but insurance with Quinn hasnt really come down, and couple of other places wont insure me because I only have 1 year NCB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check if you can get the Full Quote from them. They are very strict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Hi has anybody here got insured with Ryan Air(No jokes please!!), or know of anybody that has been insured with them, just passed my test but insurance with Quinn hasnt really come down, and couple of other places wont insure me because I only have 1 year NCB.

The insurance is with FBD, Ryanair are only the broker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭timemachine

In what ways are they strict. I just got an online quote, will ring them tomorrow for a full quote. Am finding difficult to get a quote elsewhere, as I only have 1 year NCB.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Cue the puns about extra charges for each bag in your boot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

checked my insureance with them , 1600 quid on a 1 liter car , 2100 on a 1.3-1.4 , not bad prices but for that i could goto quinn and get windscreen , tow , medical and legal cover for 2500....

which is the better deal i wonder :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

S.I.R wrote: »
    checked my insureance with them , 1600 quid on a 1 liter car , 2100 on a 1.3-1.4 , not bad prices but for that i could goto quinn and get windscreen , tow , medical and legal cover for 2500....

which is the better deal i wonder :rolleyes:

Christ thats expensive quotes, what are you, 17 on a provisional with 100 endorsments or something? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Quoted me 278 on a bmw 530 d ( 468 fully comp plus wife).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭timemachine

Got full quote today. 600 euro, but got 500 through AA. So will probably go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

If you use your car radio they charge you extra :D:D:D

And its 50 cent everytime you use you indicator!

Also, they send around someone to your house to sell you scratch cards each week and a copy of the Irish times each day for €10!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Holy Schweppes - it just quoted my Eur 196 for my 1.6 Mazda !!

It didn't, however, give me a quote for my 968......but they 'want to speak to me'.........mmmmmm, this'll be interesting........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Access wrote: »
    And its 50 cent everytime you use you indicator!

:D:D:D

So BMW driver's stand to get bargain insurance? :D

(320d owner)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Traumadoc wrote: »
    Quoted me 278 on a bmw 530 d ( 468 fully comp plus wife).

Wow! Buy Ryanair car insurance, get a free wife!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

AXA will quote you as will a number of others.

Advertisement