Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US/IRL] 4X07 - "Ji Yeon" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Its all getting a bit Soap Opera-ish isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

abelard wrote: »
    There haven't been that many minor easter eggs in recent episodes, but, as I'm sure many noticed, in the first flashforward sequence, Sun was watching Nikki's Exposé (dubbed in Korean) on the television.

Also when the guy at the shop mentioned it was the year fo the dragon , I started to suspect it was a flashback ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already (or maybe it's obvious) regarding "is Jin alive/dead", but it seems clear to me that when we get to the episode where the Oceanic 6 get off the island (season finale perhaps) something BIG is going to happen that involves Jin (and maybe others) giving their lives to save those that do get away.
    Near the end when Jin comes back to Sun he makes one of those ominous promises to do whatever it takes to protect Sun and the baby. I've a feeling we'll see this come to fruition and Jin will sacrifice himself to get Sun off the island.

EDIT: I see Razorblunt mentioned it already.

Good episode anyway but nothing fantastic. The stuff between Jin and Sun was great drama. Michael was predicted weeks ago and not a surprise at all. The black box & fake plane idea is intriguing but then, we're not supposed to trust the captain so who knows. The only really interesting stuff on the boat was this "cabin fever" they're suffering from. Any possibility it's similar to what happened to Rosseau's (sp?) crew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Jin is still alive, presumably on the island. It's obvious that both Hurley and Sun know this.

How so? I thought it was fairly obvious by the way they were at the cemetery that they both believe that Jin is dead.

If you knew your Chinese years then it would have been obvious that Jin was in a flashback, as the last Year of the Dragon was 2000-2001. His phone did look fairly archaic, I was wondering what the hell he was doing with this as it should have been mid 2005 if he was in the same era as Sun, and I was sure the phones would have been better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

One thing I forgot whilst watching this episode is that everyone who was on Flight 815 would have a tombtone back home after the rest of the world had seen all of them at the bottom of the ocean. So Jin having a tombstone didn't necessarily mean that he was dead. Neither did Sun saying how she missed him. Hurley's presence would make you lean (no double-pun intended) towards thinking than Jin was dead.
    Also, the year of the dragon didn't really give away whether it was a flashback or flashforward seeing that 2013 will also be year of the dragon (the kid could have been Sun's 2nd or 3rd). The writers obviously picked a Chinese year animal that made the year ambigous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 C2828

What was the point in showing a flashback? Was it purely to confuse? Also, Sun wore black to the graveyard suggesting Jin is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Are all those who say they suspected it was a Jin flashback just lying to try and impress us or something? Saying it's the year of the dragon doesn't make a difference tbh as I doubt most of us know our Chinese years. It could easily be a future year of the dragon as well.

And as for noticing the phone wasn't up to date?! Come on..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Noticing the phone should have been obvious because the opposite thing happened in the original flash forward - Jack was using a phone that did not look out of place in 2007 but would not have been around in 2004.

Jin's phone was shown prominently several times. If you didn't notice it, don't suggest that nobody else could have either!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Ok ok I trust ya..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

I thought this episode was good but not great. It wasn't up to the standard of the previous episodes. I hope Jin isn't dead though because personally he is one of my favourite characters in Lost. I think Sun and Hurley were just upset because even though Jin is still alive they have no way of getting back to the island and he may as well be dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

One thing I forgot whilst watching this episode is that everyone who was on Flight 815 would have a tombtone back home after the rest of the world had seen all of them at the bottom of the ocean. So Jin having a tombstone didn't necessarily mean that he was dead. Neither did Sun saying how she missed him. Hurley's presence would make you lean (no double-pun intended) towards thinking than Jin was dead.
    Also, the year of the dragon didn't really give away whether it was a flashback or flashforward seeing that 2013 will also be year of the dragon (the kid could have been Sun's 2nd or 3rd). The writers obviously picked a Chinese year animal that made the year ambigous.

Didn't Hurley say to Sun "Guess we better go see Jin" and then they went off to the grave, I would've thought that implies that he's dead and buried there.

I think the medication was a key part though. I got this off of Lostpedia about the episode 'One of Us':

This seems to suggest that, in Juliet's eyes at least, the medication saved Claire's life. This begs the question then...why isn't she trying to have Sun take similar medication if she feels it worked for Claire?

Yeah that's what Juliet told Jack and Kate but then you see through flashbacks Ben saying to Juliet "The implant Ethan put in Claire will be activated so she'll become sick, so you'll have a nice big crisis to fix and you'll gain their trust"

abelard wrote: »
    Thinking a little bit more about the headstone date thing......

Sun wasn't pregnant on the flight, and didn't get knocked up until about 30-40 days after the crash, right?. So if, as Sun is claiming, Jin died in the crash, is she claiming that someone else is the father?

No, Sun realised she was pregnant 30 or 40 days into the crash. So she could've gotten pregnant very soon after they got on the island, in which case she could just as easily claim she got a pregnant a few days before the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

:confused::confused::confused:
    L31mr0d wrote: »
    I'd agree with this. I don't think Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6 and i'm starting to think Ben is the one in the coffin also. The 6th survivor has not yet been shown

Lads!
    What's with this coffin business? Didn't we already establish Ben must be alive cos he's 'M' to Sayid's 'Bond'?

When did we see a coffin (I don't know about ye - but my brain is fried from trying to keep track of everything).

Lis

And as for noticing the phone wasn't up to date?! Come on..!

I don't know the Chinese years, but if you did it would be fairly obvious that this was a flash back where Jin was concerned. As mentioned, the next Dragon year is 2013, how likely would it be that Jin would be using a 15 year old phone then? I'm sure there were lots of people who would be familiar enough with these to have spotted that immediately. The phone was obviously old, just because you didn't notice it (how could you miss it, it's huge?) doesn't mean nobody else did. I just thought it was strange that in 2005 (which is when Sun's flash forward was based) Jin was using a phone that looked a couple of years old for the time. Got me thinking of the first flash forward where Jack was using a phone that wasn't available pre 2004.

lisnsooz wrote: »
    Lads!
    What's with this coffin business? Didn't we already establish Ben must be alive cos he's 'M' to Sayid's 'Bond'?

When did we see a coffin (I don't know about ye - but my brain is fried from trying to keep track of everything).

Lis

Season 3 finale, the first flashback has Jack attending a funeral where nobody else turns up. He read about it in a paper and apparently the story mentioned the deceased being survived by a son. Jack also thought that Kate would be there, for some reason.

We also saw a coffin at the beginning of season 1, Christian Sheppard's, but I don't think that's the one everyone is referring to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Leeby wrote: »
    No, Sun realised she was pregnant 30 or 40 days into the crash. So she could've gotten pregnant very soon after they got on the island, in which case she could just as easily claim she got a pregnant a few days before the crash.

No, according to Lostpedia, the episode with Juliet and Sun in the Staff hatch took place on day 90, and Sun had conceived 53 days previous, give or take a few. So she conceived 35-40 days after the crash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Leeby wrote: »
    Yeah that's what Juliet told Jack and Kate but then you see through flashbacks Ben saying to Juliet "The implant Ethan put in Claire will be activated so she'll become sick, so you'll have a nice big crisis to fix and you'll gain their trust"

I see. I can't even remember that. Hard to keep track of these things. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

jor el wrote: »
    How so? I thought it was fairly obvious by the way they were at the cemetery that they both believe that Jin is dead.
    Mainly because the date on the tombstone is the date of the crash, it was likely erected by family before they got off. The tombstone is wrong, but jin could still be dead if he dies in the meantime.
    Are all those who say they suspected it was a Jin flashback just lying to try and impress us or something? Saying it's the year of the dragon doesn't make a difference tbh as I doubt most of us know our Chinese years. It could easily be a future year of the dragon as well.
    A lot of us would know some years of the dragon. I honestly noticed straight away, my dad ask when was the year of the dragon and my 7 year old bro replied 2000 (he kniows because its his birth year). People often know their birthyear, 2000 being a big year, I imagine alot of people know this year also. Alot of people will know this is the rat and last was the pig.
    It also could of been 2012 (which is the next YoD), but that is a bit far forward to make any sense, they didnt look 8 years older, and its more likely that Jin was in 2000

People will notice the strangest stuff, no matter now small, (like last week the painting of the ship at auction was also the same ship thats on the island)
    lisnsooz wrote: »
    Lads!
    Alot of people are making this mistake, assuming that the flashforwards are in chronalogical order.
    In the coffin episode, Jack has started to lose it, it is likely a later timeframe,
    the trial of kate is likely to be earlier,
    THe sayid ep were ben is alive, could be anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well i think its obvious that Ben has them all held ransom...and he handpicked the ppl to leave the island for his purposes/bargains made.

jack says "we have to go back" which means ppl are in trouble on the island, or there against there will. Jin being one of these

Obviously Sayid is doing Bens dirty work against his will, for what reason does Ben want these people dead? To protect the island which he left? Or to prevent ppl finding out about the dead bodies and fake plane in the waters?

Hurley says " i was wrong to stay with Locke Im sorry". Is Locke involved in the neogiations? Does he do something stupid?

There is alot of questions but certain things are coming together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Trilla wrote: »
    Obviously Sayid is doing Bens dirty work against his will, for what reason does Ben want these people dead?

I'd totally disagree with this. In 'The Economist' Sayid was more than just a reluctant gun, he seemed to passionately believe that he what he was doing was correct. There was a definite glee in the way he shot the guy on the golfcourse, and then he gave a little speech to the girl about what a bad person her boss is.

Future eps may prove that Sayid was lied to by Ben etc but during The Economist he wasn't doing anything against his will.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

Anyone sharp enough to spot that the mobile phone was from around 2000, surely spotted that the currency Jin used to buy the panda with was from 2007 while the shop also stocked memorabilia from the TV series Ben 10 and Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive which were first shown in 2007 and also PSP and Nintendo DS items which weren't available until 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Anyone sharp enough to spot that the mobile phone was from around 2000, surely spotted that the currency Jin used to buy the panda with was from 2007 while the shop also stocked memorabilia from the TV series Ben 10 and Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive which were first shown in 2007 and also PSP and Nintendo DS items which weren't available until 2004.

You're forgetting that in between leaving the army and attempting to sail around the world, Desmond had a relatively successful interdimensional toy supply business in Asia. You may have noticed the teddy in a kilt toy on the shelf above the panda, which was Desmond's company signature toy. So its safe to assume that Desmond supplied this particular toy shop and that therefore some of the merchandise could be from the future. Desmond did not however supply Jin with his phone, hence the reason people see it as a valid clue as to the year being circa 2000.

I'm quite bored in work this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Future eps may prove that Sayid was lied to by Ben etc but during The Economist he wasn't doing anything against his will.

Perhaps yeah. Maybe its a case that Sayid believes that these people that he is killing are infact "bad people", but his reasons for thinking this are either because he believes they may harm the people remaining on the island or like you said Ben is lying to him.

I still think Ben had a say on who left/stayed...either that or there was only room for oceanic 6 + ben and whoever else to leave the island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I didn't twig to the fact of it being a flashback for Jin. Though during the episode, he showed some psychotic angry tendencies like at the man who stole his taxi and in the shop when he had to buy a second panda. It was like the old Jin pre-crash, which of course it turned out to be. But, I was too thick to put 2 and 2 together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Does anyone think that the flashforwards are getting nearer and nearer to the time that they escape from the island. As in Jack's first flashforward was the most futurisitc and from then on, each flashforward in turn is getting closer to the island time, e.g. Sun giving birth being the closest to the actual time?? Just something I was thinking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Steamer wrote: »
    Does anyone think that the flashforwards are getting nearer and nearer to the time that they escape from the island. As in Jack's first flashforward was the most futurisitc and from then on, each flashforward in turn is getting closer to the island time, e.g. Sun giving birth being the closest to the actual time?? Just something I was thinking about.

yeah, definitely but wether or not they will just jump 4 months over a time frame of 1-2 eps to get us there is another question. They've been on the Island now for 100days ? and its the middle of season4.

I think as you said the very first flash-forward with Jack, will be the begining of the last season, and events after that are unwritten yet.

Now we know the Oceanic six and other people who have been on/off the Island (Ben/Michael) wonder who was in the coffin?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

Mellor wrote: »
    People will notice the strangest stuff, no matter now small, (like last week the painting of the ship at auction was also the same ship thats on the island)

yep - like - seeing that clip of Nikki's Expose at the start that Sun was looking at...talk about blink and miss!
    Mellor wrote: »
    Alot of people are making this mistake, assuming that the flashforwards are in chronalogical order.
    In the coffin episode, Jack has started to lose it, it is likely a later timeframe,
    the trial of kate is likely to be earlier,
    THe sayid ep were ben is alive, could be anywhere

OK - So David Lynch is involved somewhere...right??? There's a secret online forum where all these guys are secretely plotting the next twisty bizarro-land backward/forward episode.... someone needs to make it their mission to SEARCH AND LOCATE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I did wonder why Jin's phone looked like something from the last century

and it floated when it was chucked into the water ...

Advertisement