Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to the Security Officers Jervis Street Shopping Centre.

Options
  • 14-03-2008 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

It’s an odd topic to be in praise of them but however, today (Thursday 13-03-08) at 5.15pm I had my phone stolen at the Henry Street entrance by a Romanian youth and I managed to struggle with him and get it back. He scampered off up towards liffey street and due to being unwell at the time I was un able to run after him and I was in need of help and they put in a shout across their radios and as I was shouting at the top of my lungs to stop him. They were able to catch him outside M&S and handed him over; he was picked up from Jervis Street Staff an arrested. So I am thankful that they were there to help me today and I just wanted to put it out there. Gerry.

PS: Thanks to the other people who tried to help me today in catching the guy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Glad to hear all was OK in the end.

Not really a consumer issue though - moved to Dublin City

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Gerry_J wrote: »
    It’s an odd topic to be in praise of them but however, today (Thursday 13-03-08) at 5.15pm I had my phone stolen at the Henry Street entrance by a Romanian youth and I managed to struggle with him and get it back. He scampered off up towards liffey street and due to being unwell at the time I was un able to run after him and I was in need of help and they put in a shout across their radios and as I was shouting at the top of my lungs to stop him. They were able to catch him outside M&S and handed him over; he was picked up from Jervis Street Staff an arrested. So I am thankful that they were there to help me today and I just wanted to put it out there. Gerry.

PS: Thanks to the other people who tried to help me today in catching the guy.

janey, he told you his nationality before he robbed you :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

sweetie wrote: »

Here we go the PC brigade are onto you OP..

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Cmon, maybe he was Romanian, maybe he was Albanian or even some other nationality but you know well what the OP means.
    Ask any person in the centre with the OP and they will say he is Romanian.
    That's just being petty now and you know it

Fair play to the security guards, it's not a well paid job and they deal with a lot of hassle, so good stuff!

OP, write a letter praising them to management. These things go a long way, maybe the guy will be promoted to supervisor, you never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

Damn those PC brigade posters.Hate them with a passion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

micmclo wrote: »
    Cmon, maybe he was Romanian, maybe he was Albanian or even some other nationality but you know well what the OP means.

Fair play to the security guards, it's not a well paid job and they deal with a lot of hassle, so good stuff!

OP, write a letter praising them to management. These things go a long way, maybe the guy will be promoted to supervisor, you never know

in fairness eastern european would have sufficed. the romanians have it hard enough already. if he was black would you have called him a nigerian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

**edit**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

Fair play to them,I was walking thru the Ilac the other day and a few of the guards were getting a load of grief off some scumbag(nationality as yet unknown).I cant say I envy them the task.You should definitely do as micmclo said and write a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

Eastern European would be tarring alot of of folk, including the Poles, who by and large have come to this country to contribute properly and earn a decent crust. We all know the OP was talking about a Roma Gypsy.

I can't stand all of this PC lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Gerry_J

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer; the guy was the same Roma Gypsy, that had been kicked out of one of the shops in the Jervis Street Center that day, as he had been caught dipping into a young Chinese woman’s handbag and had run off with her purse, I am sorry if offended any one or any Romanian people reading this post. Gerry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Gerry_J

micmclo wrote: »

Dropped off a little thank you to the two main people and spoke to the supervisor the following day commending them on what they had done. Gerry

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dropped off a little thank you to the two main people and spoke to the supervisor the following day commending them on what they had done. Gerry

Cool of you to do that. People are quick enough to complain when things are wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Agreed.

For all the OP knows, he could actually have been a gypsy from Bulgaria. Or a Slovak gypsy. Or a Czech gypsy.
    if he was black would you have called him a nigerian?

If he looked Nigerian, yes.

If he looked East African or South American black, no, I wouldnt.
    berliner wrote: »
    Damn those PC brigade posters.Hate them with a passion.

There used to be one chap who I shant name that spouted an unholy amount of it on Politics, Humanities and AH.

He doesnt bother doing it much anymore. Im not sure if it was because he was embarrased out of the game after I called him out for telling porkies on numerous occasions, or whether he got jumped by a gang of travellers/roma/*insert sympathy needing group* and cant bring himself to defend them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Well done mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Considering the grief they get, chances are you really made their day.
    Having worked on henry street for nearly four years, I have to say I have a lot of respect for 99% of the security staff I have met, its a thankless job and they really put themselves into it.

Advertisement