Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA and CDWOW Deliveries???????

• 14-03-2008 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I've pre-ordered GTA from CDWOW.Does anyone know when they ship new games?Do they only send them on the actual day they are released or has anyone had a game delivered on the day of release?
    Thought I read somewhere that they sometimes post them out before the day of release.
    Would be nice to have some idea what way they operate with new releases!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They post them the day of release, I wouldn't recommend ordering it off them either, I've heard a lot of bad stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I've ordered from them before and got games sent before release date but that was over year ago, things have changed since then. I believe they are slower getting things out these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Well i ordered GRAW 2 just last 3rd and got it in 7 days. Email them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Why not just order it from a local shop? It means you will get it the day of release! It will be a pain when all your friends are playing it for about a week and you wont have it...

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I think u would be mad to buy from cdow for gta4.

Its a game that u will want to play from the day its released.

it will probably take about 2 weeks to get from cdwow.
    There not reliable at all.

What if the worst happens and its lost in the post it will take weeks to resolve the, matter.

You will prob end up getting it by the time of the downloadable content is up on xbl 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Well it's ordered now anyway so not much I can do,I emailed them and they said they send them out on day of release so if I have it by the weekend I'll be happy.
    Would be nice to get it on the 29th though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Bros123 wrote: »
    Well it's ordered now anyway so not much I can do

You could (and should!) cancel your order
    Don't think they give the facility to cancel orders through the site, so you have to email them... CDwow really are terrible these days, I'd advise strongly against using them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Mixed experiences with CDWow. Very fast (thursday ordered, delivered after the weekend) till horribly slow (5-6 weeks).
    To be fair, that 5-6 weeks delivery was when they had a fire and they did inform me via email that things could get bad.
    If you are not in a big hurry, buy from them otherwise go to a brick and mortar shop.

Pre-order a game on line them and you ll be playing it 1 week after release, not on the the day of release.

Well I never canceled the order but waiting even a week doesn't really bother me.The game was supposed to be released on 16th Oct last year(my birthday)and was my presnt from the missus!
    So after waiting 6 months a week won't really bother me at all.

For anyone who ordered off them,i sent an email just to find out when they expect to get it out:

Please note that the distributors do not distribute products prior to the
    release date.

We take delivery of this newly released title(GTA4) on the day of release and our
    Warehouse Personnel will extremely busy picking and packing orders,
    which should be dispatched within 24 hours after the release date, but
    sometimes up to 48.

Given the logistics involved regarding distributing the game on the release
    date combined with the world-wide postal service, it is impossible for us to
    get it to you on the day of release.

We would ask you to allow 5-7 days for delivery from the date of dispatch.

Kind regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You could try emailing gamesnash.ie and asking them.

They shipped before release date on R6V2 to get it to users who preordered on our site on the official release date. This was on a bank holiday weekend too and it arrived perfectly on time.

I've used them twice myself and games arrived within 2 days as they are an Irish company.

Free post and they accept debit payment.

Email address and some more details:
    http://www.exiledgamers.com/bargains-trade-shopping/14295-http-www-gamesnash-ie-3.html#post41073

That is a sticky thread on our site so feel free to read the whole thing to learn more about our sites dealings with them but we have had no negative experiences that I am aware of using the site.

brim4brim wrote: »
    You could try emailing gamesnash.ie and asking them.

They shipped before release date on R6V2 to get it to users who preordered on our site on the official release date. This was on a bank holiday weekend too and it arrived perfectly on time.

I've used them twice myself and games arrived within 2 days as they are an Irish company.

Free post and they accept debit payment.

Email address and some more details:
    http://www.exiledgamers.com/bargains-trade-shopping/14295-http-www-gamesnash-ie-3.html#post41073

That is a sticky thread on our site so feel free to read the whole thing to learn more about our sites dealings with them but we have had no negative experiences that I am aware of using the site.

Thanks for that.Might cancel and get off them as they are Irish,never heard of them before!
    But does anyone know in what form does a refund take with CDWOW?
    I paid with laser so do they put it back in your account or what?
    If it's a voucher it won't be worth my while.

Not sure about the above but gamesnash.ie are now accepting preorders as I just preordered GTAIV, 62 euro.

http://gamesnash.ie/catalog/product_info.php?pName=grand-theft-auto-iv-x360-

Note the text:
    This game is available now for pre order. Beat the queues and have it delivered to your door. This game is due for release on Tuesday 29 April, 2008. We guarantee dispatch 24 hours before release day.

That's me happy :D

Not sure about the above but gamesnash.ie are now accepting preorders as I just preordered GTAIV, 62 euro.

http://gamesnash.ie/catalog/product_info.php?pName=grand-theft-auto-iv-x360-

Note the text:

That's me happy :D

Well i emailed CDWOW to ask as I'd prefer to give my money to an Irish games company who deliver.

No reply yet.
    Does anyone know how they refund when you pay with laser?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Cdwow should put the money straight back into your laser card.

I'm not sure where I'll buy this.
    All xbox 360 games are €56 in Harvey Norman so I'll probably get it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Bros123 wrote: »
    No reply yet.
    Does anyone know how they refund when you pay with laser?
    i'm shocked they've taken the money from your card already, the majority of online companies won't charge your card until the item is shipped or until one part of a multiple item order is shipped.

that's enough information for me not to deal with cd-wow tbh.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Cremo wrote: »
    i'm shocked they've taken the money from your card already, the majority of online companies won't charge your card until the item is shipped or until one part of a multiple item order is shipped.

that's enough information for me not to deal with cd-wow tbh.

If you're shocked by that then don't go anywhere near pixmania, lol.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055266061

I'm still none the wiser as to how I'd get refunded?:confused:

They'll probably reply to you tomorrow. Tis the weekend after all.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Good evening all.

Just to comment on this since we have been mentioned in the thread :)

Most games are released on Thursday / Friday and are dispatched from distributors on the Tuesday / Wednesday of that week. I don't want to comment on any specific site but in general for any site to tell you that they won't get stock until the day of release you have to ask yourself how does the high street stores have the game in stock when they open on the day of release !!! Truth is if they are being sourced through legitimate wholesalers / distributors then they will have the stock the day before.

Most online retailers will dispatch on the day of release or the day before. We make a point of packing and shipping pre orders first on any given day. There has been a trade off for Irish gamers when pre ordering online in that in general even if dispatched the day before release when coming in from outside of Ireland you are looking at a few days / up to two weeks depending on the site you order from. We are in a unique position for the Irish market in that we dispatch from Ireland so when ordering from ourselves you can realistically expect the game to arrive on release day.

GTA4 is slightly unusual in that it is being released on a Tuesday. We will be shipping GTA 4 on the monday - the day before release and will be posting from Dublin so the majority of our customers will receive the game on the Tuesday ( customers in areas that experience postal delays may be better off paying for express post which will guarantee next day delivery ). We actually are hoping to have the stock on site for the saturday before to allow as much time as possible to pack etc. However we have a contingency plan in place to deal with us only getting the stock on Monday morning ( it involves quite a lot of swearing, running around and all office staff getting themselves to the warehouse ;) ) In all seriousness though we have a very good working relationship with the Irish distributors and if there is any delay in getting stock out from them we send our own van to collect directly so you can rest assured we have never missed a pre order deadline and don't intend to start on this one.

Regards
    Joanne
    Gamesnash.ie

No weekends off for me ! :)

Good evening all.

Just to comment on this since we have been mentioned in the thread :)

Most games are released on Thursday / Friday and are dispatched from distributors on the Tuesday / Wednesday of that week. I don't want to comment on any specific site but in general for any site to tell you that they won't get stock until the day of release you have to ask yourself how does the high street stores have the game in stock when they open on the day of release !!! Truth is if they are being sourced through legitimate wholesalers / distributors then they will have the stock the day before.

Most online retailers will dispatch on the day of release or the day before. We make a point of packing and shipping pre orders first on any given day. There has been a trade off for Irish gamers when pre ordering online in that in general even if dispatched the day before release when coming in from outside of Ireland you are looking at a few days / up to two weeks depending on the site you order from. We are in a unique position for the Irish market in that we dispatch from Ireland so when ordering from ourselves you can realistically expect the game to arrive on release day.

GTA4 is slightly unusual in that it is being released on a Tuesday. We will be shipping GTA 4 on the monday - the day before release and will be posting from Dublin so the majority of our customers will receive the game on the Tuesday ( customers in areas that experience postal delays may be better off paying for express post which will guarantee next day delivery ). We actually are hoping to have the stock on site for the saturday before to allow as much time as possible to pack etc. However we have a contingency plan in place to deal with us only getting the stock on Monday morning ( it involves quite a lot of swearing, running around and all office staff getting themselves to the warehouse ;) ) In all seriousness though we have a very good working relationship with the Irish distributors and if there is any delay in getting stock out from them we send our own van to collect directly so you can rest assured we have never missed a pre order deadline and don't intend to start on this one.

Regards
    Joanne
    Gamesnash.ie

I am doing my best to get my money back off CDWOW and give it to you guys(which I will in future anyway!)so does ANYONE know how CDWOW would refund me?

Well the first reply came late last night just after I sent it so I'll keep pestering them!

No weekends off for me ! :)

Thats the way we want our game suppliers!:D

They are legally obliged to refund onto your card if that helps at all. Under the distance selling regulations they have to refund for any cancellation reason up to 7 days after the goods arrive to the customer.

I can't imagine they would insist on issuing a site credit etc.

They are legally obliged to refund onto your card if that helps at all. Under the distance selling regulations they have to refund for any cancellation reason up to 7 days after the goods arrive to the customer.

I can't imagine they would insist on issuing a site credit etc.

Yes just got an email confirming a full refund on my card,so will take a few days I'd say to get it back and I'll be ordering it off yourselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Just to re-iterate, do not order anything from cd-wow you want on time.
    A guy in work has pre-ordered about 4 of the big titles recently from them, and ended up cancelling all of them as they hadn't shipped yet 1-3 weeks after release.

And here is an example from my account, of an in-stock item...

26 Feb 2008 DVD DVD Region 2: Battlestar Galactica 1980: Complete Series (2 Disc Set) 3 Apr 2008

26 Feb being the order date, and 3 Apr being the date they dispatched it...

(and yes I know BSG 1980 is crap, but I needed it for my collection ;) )

After some of the stories I've read I think I'll stay away from CDWOW!
    The reports on Gamesnash all seem very positive and they are Irish so will be using them in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hey Gamesnash.ie,

I have pre-ordered my copy with Play.com but im thinking of cancelling and ordering with you instead. However I haven't been able to find the special addition of GTA IV on your site. Are you not selling it?

Edit: Also, will you have enough copies of the game to meet pre-orders?

Advertisement