Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Menu System

Options
  • 14-03-2008 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055192955

See linked thread.

I'm not realy much o a programmer, but should it not be easy to have certain terms associated with various forums and put it all in an easy to search database with onlu the forum names, tags for the forums and url links to the forums?
    I.E. Rugby Has the tags Sport, Kick, Rugby, team

Soccer has the tags Sport, Kick, Soccer, Team.

If I type "Rugby" into the search box, I get the rugby forum. If i type team sport into the search boxes, i get options of rugby and soccer and anything else with those tags.

This makes nav easier for members who can just type in the name of the forum they want to go to wihout having to rummage through the bloated category menus and for new members who dont know what forums we have to find what they are looking for through the various forum tags.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Still in the pipeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Ah its in the pipeline, I missed the memo. Nice one!

Ah its in the pipeline, I missed the memo. Nice one!
    You might be surprised just how big an undertaking it actually is. There's a professional UI designer involved :) When you've been around since boards had ~2000 members in total, with about 200 really active, it's easy to forget that any change made affects a few hundred thousand people.

The navigation is a pretty massive thing to change.

What we'll end up with will probably be unique across the Interwobble - until someone decides to copy it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Whens the ETA? Im excited now!

Sully wrote: »
    Whens the ETA? Im excited now!
    Ah it's still months off, got a lot to do while it's in the works.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement