Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stuttering

Options
  • 14-03-2008 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Long story short,put petrol in the car 3 days ago.
    Car began to stutter shortly after,very loud noise coming from exhaust.
    Was told it could be the petrol,filled up the tank
    Problem seemed to disappear over the last 2 days.
    This morning driving to work,any time i put my foot down on the accelerator,the car was stuttering and just didnt want to acclerate.
    Am i think correctly that this is gonna cost me more money and off to a mechanic i go? :D
    Sorry for the poor description btw
    Car is a 01 fiesta btw (serviced 2 weeks ago)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

Ignition coil pack, very common fault on 1.25 Fiestas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

Not really, shouldn't cost more than €100.

ok,not too bad,driving around with that at fault.can that do any damage to the car?its just that im working 3 * 12 hour shifts this weekend,not a hope of goin to the garage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

If you can organise the parts, unless you've never picked up a spanner in your life, you can DIY it. It wil;l be a common part and probably available off the shelf in Ford main stealers.

ps, theoretically yes, you will do damage on some level but I think you would have to drive it continually for weeks or months. If really is bad, I'd sort something else out.

• Advertisement

Quick update just to let ye know.
    Changed the spark plugs last week and low behold the car is now running perfectly.Cost me 15 euro and a half hour of my dad's time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

I had the old coil problem in my zetec back in the day so I was going to suggest this like Trant said. Sounds like whoever serviced your car put in the wrong plugs.

Advertisement