Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-registering a birth

Options
  • 14-03-2008 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I am single mother of 1 and am currently on one parent benefits while I study. My daughters father lives abroad and recently visited Ire and got in touch with me to see her. Seen as he is back I am keen to have him put on her birth cert as he was away when she was born and I want her to know who he is. I was just wondering does anyone know if the Birth Registry Office exchanges info with the Social Welfare regarding re-registrations of birth's ?? Or will i have to inform them myself?? Are the two involved with eachother if you know what I mean?? Thank You for reading:):)

Is re-registering a childs birth an easy process? 2 votes

yes when both parents are present
    0%
    No its a complicated and long process
    100%
    DinoBotLadyE 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm moving this to the Parenting forum.
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

I am confused why there is a poll about this.

There is specific guidance on the General Register Office www.groireland.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 d2b

I re-registered my son's birth cert there last week. When signing the register you just order a birth cert for yourself and a seperate copy that is designed for social welfare. They print them off for you there and then and it's up to you to send the social welfare their copy as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

As far as i know if you are not married and the father wishes to be named on the birthcert he must attend the register and sign the records there.

Advertisement