Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling a tri-SLI solution?

• 14-03-2008 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I've always found that the loudest fan on any system I've had is the GPU fan. I've seen many cooling solutions for GPU's that always had me curious but I'm wondering if anyone has 3 video cards and has them watercooled?

I'm guessing some serious radiators would be required, and possibly something external like those Zalman things;

http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=185

I'm curious about tri-SLI and its benefits, but the noise thing is quite a scary propsect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im running that atm. Well i was untill my mobo died, and to be honest the cards arnt that loud. Especially if you pick the fan rotation, i had all 3 of mine at 59% and that was more then enough to keep all three overclocked and cool. With a tri-sli setup you will be looking for a skulltrail( which you just wont get ) or a 780i, And they all have stupidly noisy fans on the board ( apart from the asus and msi varients )

But the price is just not worth it unless you can afford to piss away 1000€+ on graphics cards. As there is no real advantage over sli and tri-sli. Very few games can take advantage of it. I was expecting crysis to run at 60fps constant, but there is only a 10% improvement :(

Advertisement