Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise Gaelscoil

Options
  • 14-03-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me directions on coming from the town, to this school please?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

All i can find out is that it's on the dublin road. My Irish isn't the best

Name of School : Gaelscoil Phort Laoise
    Address : Gort na bhFraoich, Bóthar Átha Cliath, Port Laoise, Co. Laoise

Phone: 057 8662595

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Is it in the Heath?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

kikel wrote: »
    All i can find out is that it's on the dublin road. My Irish isn't the best

Name of School : Gaelscoil Phort Laoise
    Address : Gort na bhFraoich, Bóthar Átha Cliath, Port Laoise, Co. Laoise

Phone: 057 8662595

Fair play to you Kikel! Very kind of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

you could try use google map is very good nearly like a sat nav! type where you coming from and to and should give you directions hths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

As far as I know....the school is on the Dublin road on the same street as one of those newer estates. So let's say your coming from the town centre which for arguments sake is the main roundabout at the top square [the one with the rotating clock]

1. Go straight through the roundabout, so you know your going the right way, you will pass the Portlaoise Arms on your left and Redz hair salon on your right.

2. Next roundabout take a left.

3. Third roundabout, go straight.

4. Yes....another fecking roundabout! Go straight through the fourth roundabout.

5. You will now come up to the Catholic church roundabout. Keep on the left-side of the road and go straight through it.

6. Another roundabout, go straight and keep on this road, this is the Dublin road.

7. Keep heading up the road, past our lovely Portlaoise Prisons and Mental Health institutes and scandal-filled Hospital.

8. Last roundabout, go through this. There *SHOULD* be some sign for the school around here. As far as I know, it's on the right.

I hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Thanks guys I found it.:) Its the second right after the roundabout beside Kilminchy. Its right in the middle of an estate, strange place to put a school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

It should have its own grounds, thank the useless Dept. of Education!

Advertisement