Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Internals?

Options
  • 14-03-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey peeps I'm soon to start upgrading the internals of my JG AK SVD clone and I was a after a little advise on where to buy excellent quality internals and maybe get some tips.

If anyone knows a good website on how internals AEG's work, I've already found some excellent video tutorials in stripping down and reassembly the AK types so that won't be a problem.

I already plan on replacing the gear box with a TM type 3 and the inner barrel with a 591mm length tightbore (unsure of the brand I should get) beyond that I'm pretty much in the dark on the rest of the internal workings.
    One thing I'm unsure of is the differance in using a 8.4v AK battery vs a 9.6v, I know it has something to do with the rate of fire but would a 9.6v battery last longer?

I'm not worried about cost my main concern is durability & realiabilty and not overpowering the joule limit.
    And help will be mucho appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The higher voltage battery will increase your rate of fire. its the mAh (milliamp hours) figure on the battery that you need to look at for longevity. The bigger that number the better!
    Using a higher voltage battery might damage things if your AEG's internals aren't up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Necron99 wrote: »
    Hey peeps I'm soon to start upgrading the internals of my JG AK SVD clone and I was a after a little advise on where to buy excellent quality internals and maybe get some tips.

If anyone knows a good website on how internals AEG's work, I've already found some excellent video tutorials in stripping down and reassembly the AK types so that won't be a problem.

I already plan on replacing the gear box with a TM type 3 and the inner barrel with a 591mm length tightbore (unsure of the brand I should get) beyond that I'm pretty much in the dark on the rest of the internal workings.
    One thing I'm unsure of is the differance in using a 8.4v AK battery vs a 9.6v, I know it has something to do with the rate of fire but would a 9.6v battery last longer?

I'm not worried about cost my main concern is durability & realiabilty and not overpowering the joule limit.
    And help will be mucho appreciated. :)

Mechbox.com will give you a good run down on taking apart TM AK's and their clones, plus disassembling the type 3 gearbox. Ehobby and Uncompany have a good range of internals for all gearbox types. I've not looked at Gunner or WGC but I imagine they stock a range of internals too.

A 9.6 V battery will increase the ROF, but, you might have problems finding a 9.6 V AK type battery to fit the SVD as I believe that the battery is housed in the receiver rather than in the stock. It might be possible with a bit of rewiring, but I know I couldn't fit a 9.6v battery in my CYMA 47S because of the limited battery space in TM clone receivers.

In terms of increasing battery life time, the Mah is more important than the voltage, an 8.4v 2000 mah battery will last longer than a 9.6v 1100 mah, or so I believe.

I've never seen inside a JG AK so I'm not sure what the stock internals are like and what could do with replacing. In terms of accuracy, apart from a tighbore barrel, perhaps a new hop-up chamber would be worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

While your at it you could add a MOSFET to the circut. It stops arcing which builds up carbon on the trigger contacts which decreases response time and rof I beleive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

try mechbox.com for the gearbox info ya need, its the same as a G36 gearbox so just be careful with the trigger mech., they usually spring out and ya have to hold them in with a bit of pressure.,

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

A MOSFET can improve ROF, not decrease it. You can get up to about 30% increase, but they usually work better on bigger voltages - 10.8, 11.1, 12V e.t.c.

• Advertisement

and below that voltage a mosfet is pretty much un necessary too.,
    i think lethal was ment that not having a mosfet will slow the ROF, due to arcing on the trigger contacts over time and not reduce ROF by having one.,:)

Ah, I just misread it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

thanks a mill for the info, really appreciate it. This is going to be one long but fun project :D

btw what brand would you suggest for getting tightbore barrels from? I was going to go with Elemental but I heard a few bad things about them :confused:

Element ones seem fine. What is your price budget?

I personally recommend Prometheus, KM as the best all round barrels

PDI if your wanting the best of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Madbull barrels meant to be good too.

• Advertisement

Beast ASI wrote: »
    Element ones seem fine. What is your price budget?

Whats a budget? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Necron99 wrote: »
    Whats a budget? ;)

In that case can I interest you in "The Emperor's New Invisible Gear Grease" and these "Magic AEG Beans" which I've recently come across? They're expensive but the results speak for themselves...

Spetzcong wrote: »
    In that case can I interest you in "The Emperor's New Invisible Gear Grease" and these "Magic AEG Beans" which I've recently come across? They're expensive but the results speak for themselves...

I have handmade ivory bb's too, I made them so well you cant tell the difference between them and excel .2's. Seriously they are identical.

For you, tenner a pop, its WELL worth it.

I shot the priest with a few of them, so the holy probably rubbed off on em too.

The other clone upgrades thread is probably relevant to this too, whats worth doing and whats not.
    Get a soft compound hop rubber for a 1 joule gun, barrel, prometheus are meant to be great, and usually 6.03. PDI are better but cost a bomb and are 6.01 usually, not worth the hassle over a 6.03.
    Gears should be good, shim them and add decent bushings, maybe bearing ones. 9.6 v will up rof and trigger response for semi.
    Might I suggest not using full auto too, for the sake of a shred of realism ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

"Magic AEG Beans
    :eek:*gasp* Im all ears!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Spetzcong wrote: »

Funny thing is that that actually exists:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Molybdenum Disulphide ;)

Have some here for months, haven't gotten around to trying it yet

kdouglas wrote: »
    Molybdenum Disulphide ;)

And the magic beans? They act like a mosfet right but also enchant every third shot?

well I went on a bit of shopping spree... finally got myself an Anti-Dragon rock so I'm safe there ;)
    Have loads of internal parts heading to me, I'd have bought more but I reached the maximum number of sales there willing to give :mad:
    Now I have to wait for either 10 days or get Exemption status from the shop :rolleyes:

kdouglas wrote: »
    Molybdenum Disulphide ;)

why not? ya cant find it?., :p:D

bwhahahaha.,

Advertisement