Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's day parade - Balbriggan - UPDATE - 1PM START! (we think)

Options
  • 14-03-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what time this is on monday? Think its normally around 2. The fingalcoco website just has details for road works arrangements.
    Its the little mans first paddys day,and I want to bring him down to see the Wavin truck, and the fire engine!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I heard that those marching in the parade have been told to meet at the church carpark at 1:30 and the parade will kick off around 1:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Thats great. Cheers Chinafoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

balbriggan.net says the parade starts at 1 from the church car park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Hmmm, who would you ring to find out for definite? The parade is usually a blink and you miss it affair so having the right time would probably help. :p

Ed: the info on balbriggan.ie is from last year and that says !.30 in the car park so perhaps thats where the person who told me got the info. I'd go with the balbriggan.net guys. They're usually spot on :) Cheers sgarvan.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Well done to all those who took part in the parade.
    It was nice to see all the local groups.clubs and schools out.
    I was most impressed by the Dragon that the community school had obviously put a lot of time in to making,it was quite impressive.
    Only downside is that the music played was on a cd and was not live despite the traditional music talent around the town.
    Maybe next year:)

Just saw the photos on http://balbriggan.net/news.htmlthey are fantastic and capture the day well:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

got to agree moonbeam.
    a lot of effort put in.
    great to see such a big crowd out.

Just downloading the pictures from http://balbriggan.net/news.html now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Well done to everyone involved in the parade organisation. Was a great community event for the town. Lovely to see all the families out, kids dressed up etc. Great atmosphere around. Enjoyed the childrens art exhibition too - especially the essays on St Patricks day as Gaeilge. Well done to all concerned.

Just looked at the pictures they are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

blessed with the weather on the day too,brilliant:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Echo all the above. Weather was a treat, and a fine parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Have to agree, fair play to all involved - it's the first paddy's day parade I've gone to in Balbriggan for years. There was a good vibe on the street, and it was good to see so many families out and in good spirits.

The parade in was grand, short and to the point - much better than one that's dragged out for ages. Maybe a bit more variety would have added a little extra, but that's really only a small teeny-tiny gripe. Well done to the Community College for their Chinese Dragon - it looked like a heap of work went into it. Good job

• Advertisement
Advertisement