Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower Airlock??

Options
  • 14-03-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    I had a mains-fed Mira electric shower (not a power shower) installed last October in my home and it has stopped working. It sounds like the electrics of it are fine as the motor sounds like it is running normally but no water is coming out. The 'Low Flow' light is lit alright. Do the knowledgable people here think this could be an air-lock? I was told that running the cold taps can get rid of it. Is this true? Is there anything I can do myself before I pay someone 80 lids to come and look at it? I'd rather not fork out that much money for someone to come and turn my taps on if that'll solve the problem.

Thanking you in advance,
    TCB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

A simple attempt would be to turn off the power to it, turn on the shower and try suck the water through it. It you get water then turn on the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

It will have a fine mesh cap on the inlet side of the boiler, this may be blocked with something. If you can disconnect it safely, try removing the shower and flushing it out. Also check that there is nothing in the pipe by turning the water on gently without the shower attached (Gently so it doesn't hit the ceiling.)

Advertisement