Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Access

Options
  • 14-03-2008 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this should be here or Help Desk, please move if the wrong place.

Before I start I can (I suppose) see the reason for a restricted access to the soccer forum and I am sure that there must have been all sorts of shenanigans that caused such a strict "guest list" policy. It's your board and if you want to pre-approve people and make sure they aren't offensive idiots then that's fair enough.

But surely if you force pre-approval on people (especially such a complicated and strict pre-approval) then it's up to the mods to check the approvals list on a pretty frequent basis and make approvals in a fairly timely manner?

Football is very topical - normally I just lurk on the soccer boards but there were a number of threads that I would have liked to have contributed to. So I made my access request on the 10th March, 4 days ago and I'm still waiting to be approved or rejected. A whole lot has happened in football in 4 days...!

Now I know that mods are volunteers and it can be a thankless job but the approving moderator has been on the board since then (he posted on the board on the 12th). I'm not asking for approval within minutes but surely within 24 - 48 hors is a reasonable expectation, especially if the mod has been on the board?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

DRp a PM to one of the mods .... they are very nice and sweet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

They usually approve them in batches. I'm sure they'll get to it shortly. As 6th says they are nice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sherifu wrote: »
    As 6th says they are nice.

Since when? :D

hides

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

psi normally looks after soccer access requests, but afaik he's away at the moment. Give it another couple of days and it'll no doubt be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I'll bite my tounge on Mods being nice! :D

PSI is the Mod who approves and they are done in batches. Like I said I have no issue with him (her?) or with having to wait a day or two for them to approve a bunch of people.

For such a big, busy forum why leave it to one person - hey, make me a Mod, I'll look after access request (the power, I can feel the power!!)

• Advertisement

I think PSI is campaigning to get me made a mod of Soccer so if that happens in the next while I'll sort it out ;)

*snigger*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

6th for president? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Hey, Sorry for your delay. I'm on vacation at the moment and the only dedicated internet access I had before now was airport wireless.

Access requests approval is a little labour intensive and I try to wait till I have a few minutes to really look at the applications (when I don't I make mistakes).

I will try speed things up. 6th, I'll keep you in mind (for president, not mod)

6th, I'll keep you in mind (for president, not mod)

Which country? Please not a crappy one like Wales or Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Probably that country.

you have access now btw (OP)

6th wrote: »
    Cork is a country?

No, one of those banana ones where they're always killing off their leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

No, one of those banana ones where they're always killing off their leaders.

So cork then...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

There is nothing wrong with Wales!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Nope. Finest nation in Britain !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Cheers PSI!

Advertisement