Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart download limit

Options
  • 14-03-2008 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi

What is the "fair use" practical limit on Smart broadband. And do they send a letter, place some limitation?

Thanks

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

i download 100geg + some mpnths never got a letter..... go smart

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I have only heard of one guy getting disconnected for taking the piss. I think he downloaded over 1TB in a month. I think Smart were more than justified in this scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

So long as you're not downloading ridiculous amounts of data (into the TB region - one guy downloaded close to 2TB (2000GB) when smart first started out - he was promptly cut off from what I remember, and rightly so!), or using your connection to run a webserver, then there shouldn't be an issue for you.

EDIT - Damn, beaten to it with the 1TB guy by IrishTLR!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

UTV on their unlimited service say that its more the times, rather than the amount i.e. heavy Dl'ers not between 6pm and 11pm which seems fair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Joanamo wrote: »
    Hi

What is the "fair use" practical limit on Smart broadband. And do they send a letter, place some limitation?

Thanks

J

Here's a thread on their forums (from 2005) about introducing a cap ;) It mentions the 1 Terabyte guy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Joanamo

Thanks for the answers. If I use it in full I'll end up burning the DVD-R.

Now I just have to wait to get it working... Three weeks to get the modem ( after waiving 7 day cooling off period ) and three weeks with Eircom making excuses. Line worked just fine for my old flatmate, but now that I'm transferring to the competition, they keep finding difficulties.

J

Advertisement