Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Topic closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

As if I would ever believe used car advice from a FF supporter...
    Thats a bit like appointing a Minister for Finance without a bank account..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PRND

Hi 99er. In relation to your question, it is relatively common to have a garage write out to you like that. Agnew Audi in Belfast write to me on a regular basis, remind me when my car is due a service, tell me about the launch of new models, try to sell me an Audi credit card, which I can't take as I don't live in the UK.

They make their money back several times over by having you return to them for service and to buy other cars off them.

In the past, when I bought a second hand car, I received a letter from the salesman saying he had moved to a different garage, different marque and that he'd give me a good trade in on a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

*mono* wrote: »
    As if I would ever believe used car advice from a FF supporter...
    Thats a bit like appointing a Minister for Finance without a bank account..

Do you ask everyone you buy cars off who they voted for?

PRND wrote: »
    Hi 99er. In relation to your question, it is relatively common to have a garage write out to you like that. Agnew Audi in Belfast write to me on a regular basis, remind me when my car is due a service, tell me about the launch of new models, try to sell me an Audi credit card, which I can't take as I don't live in the UK.

Liffey Valley Renault regularly write to me about new cars (I bought a new clio there in 2000). Jokes on them though, cos I'm poor now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Stekelly wrote: »
    Do you ask everyone you buy cars off who they voted for?
    Some people just tell you, you don't have to ask, eg 99er.

I never asked you but yet I know you're a Fianna Fail supporter.

JHMEG wrote: »
    I never asked you but yet I know you're a Fianna Fail supporter.

Yes, but in a fickle way (in fairness I've never hidden my leanings on here) . ie if FG had been in power the last 20 years I'd most likely have voted for them, outside of SF I could probably go any way (even though I didnt voted last time round, was in Athens for the CL final :))

• Advertisement

Yes, but in a fickle way

Point is we know and we never asked.

I come from a small town, and I know the politicial persuasion of every business person in it, and I never asked any of them. Some are like 99er and publicly parade it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Got my answer now, thanks to those who actually replied to the post and not the poster.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll close the thread if I can??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

ninty9er wrote: »
    I'll close the thread if I can??

You can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Topic closed

Last edited by ninty9er : Today at 13:23. Reason: ****ing idiots who can't answer a question

lol

That edit reason looks like personal abuse.

Sherifu wrote: »
    lol

That edit reason looks like personal abuse.

More general than personal no?:)

• Advertisement

More geeral than personal no?:)

Quite, I wouldn't have written it otherwise;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

More geeral than personal no?:)
    ;) Well it's not for me to decide. Pity the thread backfired on the OP.
    Quite, I wouldn't have written it otherwise
    I'm sure of that. Bravery.

I'm slightly biased on this, but I've never heard of the same thing from another garage.

Bought a 01 Astra about 6 weeks ago there and I got a letter yesterday with a proper keyring (the type with the shopping trolley coin) and a demisting cloth with all contact details including breakdown assistance.

On top of this, if I recommend them to anyone who goes on to buy a car on my recommendation, they'll send me a service voucher...class eh

Is this normal??

I couldn't remember what this thread was about, but fortunately it's still in the Google cache. The above are ninety9er's words. I thought only mods could close threads

I'm slightly biased on this, but I've never heard of the same thing from another garage.

Bought a 01 Astra about 6 weeks ago there and I got a letter yesterday with a proper keyring (the type with the shopping trolley coin) and a demisting cloth with all contact details including breakdown assistance.

On top of this, if I recommend them to anyone who goes on to buy a car on my recommendation, they'll send me a service voucher...class eh

Is this normal??

[I couldn't remember what this thread was about, but fortunately it's still in the Google cache. The above are ninety9er's words. I thought only mods could close threads]

Only mods can, I've asked for it to be closed, but I edited the title.

Only mods can, I've asked for it to be closed, but I edited the title.
    And deleted the first post. I thought that altering the flow of a thread by deleting posts was against the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I always look at a thread with the first post 'deleted'. Kind of backfires on the OP imo.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

testicle wrote: »
    The same garrage knowingly sold my father a crashed car a few years ago. They denied it, after it was noticed, the previous owner was produced, who pointed out to them that not only did they know about it, they were the ones that repaired it. Cue new car.

So how would you rate them ;) Did your uncle get a free keyring demisting cloth LOL
    O'Mara Motors - Limerick (A+) I'm slightly biased on this, but I've never heard of the same thing from another garage.

Is this normal??

I couldn't remember what this thread was about, but fortunately it's still in the Google cache. The above are ninety9er's words. I thought only mods could close threads

Google rocks ;)
    esel wrote: »
    I always look at a thread with the first post 'deleted'. Kind of backfires on the OP imo.

Same here I wouldn't have bothered to read this post until I read "Topic Closed"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement