Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12.3TB server tower.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

LOL Stupid aussies. Would have been so mucch easier to get 12x1TB drives. Why on earth would he need this... Any why ishe using almost all pata drives ?

Get back to the bbq plz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Did they have 1tb drives back in august?

lol it looks mad anyway, I always though having more than 3 hdd's was to much in any case when you could always get bigger and save on space in the case.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    Did they have 1tb drives back in august?

lol it looks mad anyway, I always though having more than 3 hdd's was to much in any case when you could always get bigger and save on space in the case.

Yeah they were around back then, but stupidly expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Jeez, that thing must weigh a fair bit.

Fair play tho, it was an interesting mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Seen this ages ago. I personally prefer what the guy on page 9 has. Plus if you read the entire log he had quite a time getting the thing to even power on. The pull of trying to power up all those drives at the same time would be too much for the wall socket. He ended up having to stagger their power up.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=602130&page=9

dsc05664bg7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

lol what a POS :D

Why didnt he wait a few weeks and just buy 12 1 tb drives :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

conzymaher wrote: »
    lol what a POS :D

Why didnt he wait a few weeks and just buy 12 1 tb drives :/

if you read the thread the amount of drives used are for RAID 5 arrays. 12x1TB drives wouldn't offer the same amount of redundancy, nor the speed of a RAID

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

1tb drives are faster than raptors in most cases and 12 of them in a Raid configuration would be much better than that 50kg tower that wont even turn on.... He will need Redundancy when all the drives in the centre melt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Anti wrote: »
    Would have been so mucch easier to get 12x1TB drives. Why on earth would he need this... Any why ishe using almost all pata drives ?

he says he pulled all the ide drives from a number of servers, so i'm guessing he had them lying around and so didn't need to buy new drives.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Seen this ages ago. I personally prefer what the guy on page 9 has. Plus if you read the entire log he had quite a time getting the thing to even power on. The pull of trying to power up all those drives at the same time would be too much for the wall socket. He ended up having to stagger their power up.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=602130&page=9

dsc05664bg7.jpg

Jesus i want that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

its a Lian Li PC-343B,look on xs and you will find loads of build logs ,.

Yeah ive seen a few alright, its a sexy looking thing. The best one ive seen is one that vadim.co.uk make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

the heat and noise off that stacker must be crazy, lol

waste really.

Advertisement