Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weekend-long driving lessons?

Options
  • 14-03-2008 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Someone recently mentioned to me that they heard about a driving school in Mayo that allows you to spend a weekend learning to drive intensively. Apparently you just spend your whole time driving.
    Has anyone else heard of this? I can't seem to find anything on the internet about it?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

The one mentioned here is in Westport:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055222399

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cath9841

i think that must be it alright, thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Just bear in mind that if you are starting out driving from scratch, even an hour long lesson can be quite tiring, as there's a lot of concentrating to do before a lot of it becomes second nature to you. So a full weekend might be exhausting, and after a couple of hours straight, you just won't be able to take any more information in.

If you've already go the basics down and are looking for something intensive to improve on what you know, then it might be of more benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

phutyle wrote: »
    Just bear in mind that if you are starting out driving from scratch, even an hour long lesson can be quite tiring, as there's a lot of concentrating to do
    My sentiments exactly!

It may suit someone who has been driving for some time but I doubt if it will suit a person just starting out.

Advertisement