Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Cup Draw

• 14-03-2008 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

Bayer Leverkusen v Zenit St Petersburg
    Rangers v Sporting Lisbon
    Bayern Munich v Getafe
    Firontina v Psv

Semis

Rangers/Sporting v Fiorentina/PSV

Munich/Getafe V Leverkusen/Zenit

It does look like a Fiorentina V Bayern final...but i really really think Rangers have a good chance of sneaking in there especially with both the 1st legs being at home should we make it through.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Quite happy with that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Fwaggle wrote: »
    Quite happy with that...

Delighted with it mate, with the first game being at home in both ties (should we get there) we have a real chance of getting there.

Just look at the list of teams who have came to Ibrox and left without beating us this season
    Red Star Belgrade
    Stuttgart
    Barcalona
    Panathanaikos
    Werder Bremen

Im extremely confident of adding Sporting to that list.
    We will however be facing another backs to the walls game in Lisbon, but thats fine, i have a lot of faith in our defence.

its a GREAT time to be a bear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Rangers have a good shout at that tie. I think it's difficult to look beyond Bayern / Fiorentina overall though. Bayern are going well domestically and Fiorentina toughed it out over two legs against a solid Everton side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Eirebear wrote: »
    Fiorentina vs PSV

Could have been Everton vs Tottenham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Rangers have a good shout at that tie. I think it's difficult to look beyond Bayern / Fiorentina overall though. Bayern are going well domestically and Fiorentina toughed it out over two legs against a solid Everton side.

yep, its definetly the more probable final...but as i say i honestly think we have a real chance of sneaking in there.
    Wereder Bremen were one of the real favourites from the tournament and are a great looking team, but we managed to hold on against them, we showed real character by grabbing the goal in Greece....
    Its wierd i just feel that we are carrying that little bit extra luck this year that makes the difference in European tournaments.

• Advertisement
Advertisement