Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO people taking phar 20020

Options
  • 14-03-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

In the last practical, what was the total volume of urine sample collected over the 24 hour period? Just need it for the report;)

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

There's no guarantee anyone doing that module visits boards.

You'd be better off just ringing someone or messaging them on bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

public apology mate for not texting back feel kinda bad now you put it on the interweb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

woop wrote: »
    public apology mate for not texting back feel kinda bad now you put it on the interweb

dont worry bout it dude;)

its not gonna get done before the deadline now so i couldnt give a fiddlers:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Il let you know tomorrow......
    I remember the demonstrator saying something about multiplying something by 60 and then 24 if that helps?

edit:so you got it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Renal function? Make sure you know the basic mechanism of action of the diuretics and where in the nephron they work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

250 mLitres is what I wrote down....seems a bit low but it's the figure I used. I'm guessing once you do the calculations right you should ge the bulk of the marks , if not all.

Edit: Just realised this thread was started 4 days ago...I'm guessing you got the figure by now...

for question 4,the filtration rate of the kidney is 180l/day.
    In order to calculate the amount of each ion filtered over 24 do you just multiply 40,800 (Na ppm) and 11400 (K ppm) by 180 each to get the amount of each ion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Is that 180 litres per day? That's kinda interesting.

Chakar wrote: »
    Is that 180 litres per day? That's kinda interesting.

according to the practical manual,yes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement