Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to block your location?

Options
  • 14-03-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

ok i want to try a view video links on itv.com and the site will not let me saying "the video you are trying to watch cannot be viewed from your current location or country"! can anyone tell me if there is a way around this? thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

ok i want to try a view video links on itv.com and the site will not let me saying "the video you are trying to watch cannot be viewed from your current location or country"! can anyone tell me if there is a way around this? thanks in advance for any help.

Its not so much blocking your location that you need to do and rather making it think you are living somewhere else. You can do this by setting up a proxy though I'm not sure how well it will work for something as bandwidth heavy as video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

try hidemyip.com, works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Turbodreams

glineli wrote: »
    try hidemyip.com, works for me
    thanks but how exactly do i use this site? kinda above my skill level! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

thanks but how exactly do i use this site? kinda above my skill level! ha

Just download the application, there is a 30 day trial with it. You can set your ip address to UK, USA or some other places. So should work with utv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Turbodreams

glineli wrote: »
    Just download the application, there is a 30 day trial with it. You can set your ip address to UK, USA or some other places. So should work with utv.
    it must have changed because they say it is server based now- so you cannot download it. ah il find something with abit of googling - thanks for ur help

• Advertisement
Advertisement