Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Portarlington

Options
  • 14-03-2008 3:42pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Any else notice the free for all of parking on the double yellow lines from the Bank of Ireland to the Anvil. A traffic warden\clamper would have a field day in Portarlington.

Not complaining, just an observation....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

My name is Curvy Vixen and I'm guilty :o:o

The only time I need to do this is at 5 in the morning for the bank so I'm probably pretty much never gonna upset anyone at that time but also if I need to pick up something from the post office... I always try to park on the right but if there are no spaces my baby gets dumped on the pavement on the left with her 'magic' hazards going :D You know the magic lights that mean that you can abandon your car pretty much anywhere LOL!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

'magic' hazards

LOL. Dublin Taxi Drivers use them to.
    It use to piss me off but i just accept thats the way things are done. If the Gardai don't care. feck it. People even park on the double yellows just outside the Garda Barracks.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,464 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

There are no parking by laws in Port so it doesnt matter how may single double or triple yellow lines they paint.

Main street used to be both ways up to about 10 years ago, imagine how fecked it was back then!!!

There are plans to bring paid parking in, im not sure of the details, but id expect it by the mid of next year. This will probably be on the main street and probably in the park.

Parking in and around the swimming pool / community centre is a disaster. That will need to be looked at seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Well I only live a minute from the town so generally I am quite parking friendly cos I walk!

And I'd like to see them try and by-law me anyway at 5 in the morning ~ state of me, they'd probably run screaming anyhow LOL :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

My name is Curvy Vixen and I'm guilty :o:o

'magic' hazards going :D You know the magic lights that mean that you can abandon your car pretty much anywhere LOL!

LMFAO!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement