Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lisbon treaty??

Options
  • 14-03-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi can someone please explain this whole lisbon treaty thing to me like im a 4 year old.
    im finding it very hard to find info.
    what are the pros and cons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

pop40 wrote: »
    hi can someone please explain this whole lisbon treaty thing to me like im a 4 year old.
    im finding it very hard to find info.
    what are the pros and cons?

Shut up little boy..... speak when spoken to, eat your greens and vote Yes or the other countries will take their ball and go home.

:D

seriously, no-one understands it because it's the size of the bible and we are supposed to take time out to read it like responsible citizens. we are also supposed to trust the govt on this.... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PaintingMedium

I also love the fact that whenever you see the yes camp on tv, they actually never mention any details of the treaty, it is always a smear on the opposing camp or a reminder of how good we have been since we joined the E.U.

They make or try to make you feel guilty if you think about the direction the EU is going, and if you oppose it. Two of our MEPs have acted like fools, Gay Mitchell used horrible dirty tricks in trying to associate anyone who opposes this treaty with far right politicians. De Rossa also voted against an amendment which said the EU would respect the decision of Ireland in the vote. He voted AGAINST us and opposed our right as a people to choose yes or no.

The treaty is really confusing with such obscure language, you should wait till the readable version is sent around. When will that be though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Seriously? Seriously?

Did you miss the rather large thread which is very active about the lisbon treaty? It's pretty good too, people actually deal with the issues instead of slinging mud and baseless accusations.

I encourage you to take part in the debate in the main thread if you are interested in the Lisbon treaty, but please do have a read of the thread before posting - a lot of the common questions from both sides have been answered pretty well already.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement