Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SGS test centres?

Options
  • 14-03-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Hey, I received a letter from SGS to book my test. When i rang i asked to have the test in Raheny but they woman said they don't have a test there, so i asked for list of others she said Baldoyle and North point. I picked baldoyle because i have never heard of north point.
    Surely they have more than this, i live in swords so i assume she was giving me one near me but I thought they had centres in Ballymun and Finglas or am i wrong?

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me a list of where they test cause I have never driven through Baldoyle ever!

EDIT: Just found this on their site

It says Raheny???It's 2006 so have they changed?:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Just worked out that Northpoint could mean Ballymun or finglas. Do you get to decide whether you do Ballymun or Finglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Northpoint is the Ballymun centre. They offered me it but I changed to one more local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Beekay wrote: »
    Just worked out that Northpoint could mean Ballymun or finglas. Do you get to decide whether you do Ballymun or Finglas?

NORTHPOINT/Ballymun is SGS,

Finglas is RSA, AFAIK Northpoint is relief for the RSA centre.

You get to choose, which SGS centre you do your test with, if you are handed over to SGS. If you are with the RSA, you have no choice in the matter and will be given notice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

You can ring them up and change it as long as its ten days prior to the test, I also thought that Swords was getting an SGS too which is due to open soon? Ring them and ask, worse thing they can say is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beekay wrote: »
    i live in swords
    SGS now have a test centre in Airside, Swords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

The phone operator wasn't very good at all then.

Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Is it just potluck whether you get a test with SGS or can you now apply directly to them for your test? If not, which RSA test centre should you apply to to have a possibility of getting Deansgrange or Dun Laoghaire for the test? (would suit me much better as am closer to the area)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 clemo1

Lumbarda wrote: »
    Is it just potluck whether you get a test with SGS or can you now apply directly to them for your test? If not, which RSA test centre should you apply to to have a possibility of getting Deansgrange or Dun Laoghaire for the test? (would suit me much better as am closer to the area)

I applied online to Churchtown/Rathgar as normal and where it asked for any further info on the form I asked for Deansgrange. Then when I rang they offered me Deansgrange or Dun Laoghaire but they had no times for DG that suited me so I got Dun Laoghaire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

Lumbarda wrote: »

I think its that if you applied for your test before October, but hadn't cancelled a test with RSA, then you may get transferred. I applied to Raheny, then got a letter to ring them and they offered me Finglas or Ballymun. They obviously have to offer you a place close to where you applied for your original test.

Advertisement